Nero Ultra Edition v7.2.3.2b

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
Nero 7 Ultra Edition enables you to experience your digital media in completely new and innovative ways. With the addition of a Nero Home – media manager, you can now have the complete PC and TV experience. Whether you want to access your media files from the comfort of your living room, or complete digital media projects on your PC, Nero 7 Ultra Edition is all you need.

Now, with more features than ever before, this powerful software can transform your digital photos into professional animated slideshows, backup all of your valuable data, manage or search your media files, edit video or photos, create DVDs (including menus), and stream your files over a media server, and compress files to take on the go. Beginners and experts alike will be amazed by what one solution can do.

Download: Nero Ultra Edition v7.2.3.2b | Nero Ultra Edition v7.2.3.2b (w/ Yahoo! Toolbar)
Release Notes
Nero 7 Web Site

Warning!

I downloaded the full package to update my installation. I did a CUSTOM installation for obvious reasons. Towards the end of the installation, like usual, the settings wizard popped up and asked me if I wanted to change any of my default associations. Obviously I did not want to so I unchecked all.

However, Nero still messed up my default associations for JPG, JPEG, PNG, and PSD (how is beyond me).

To recover my associations I right clicked one of the files (JPG for instance) and selected properties. By clicking "Change" it restored my default settings and associations.

I think Nero (in all its glory) deleted the settings from the registry.

Too bad TweakUI doesn't have a repair option for associations so if stupid installers such as Nero's screw things up.

This is why I hated Nero7 from the get go. It is overly bloated and I've always had it hijack my associations no matter how careful I was to disable it during the install. Nero 6 still works perfectly, I see absolutely no reason to use Nero7.

I only install Nero Burning ROM and Nero Express. However, you don't have a choice over Nero Scout (it installs regardless - you can disable it though).

But you're right; it's bloated and it's only going to get worse (now there is a Nero Toolbar).

I can't stand programs which Hi-jack associations!:mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back