Nero Ultra Edition 7.2.0.3

I don't know which one I have, but I hated how it was installed. Installed into 4 different folders, frigging stupid.. Hope this one is different

Nero has always done that, Bman.

It installed to one central folder for me... C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\...

Did you check program files/common files and your application data folder, Matt? Usually there is ahead folder in there as well. Unless they changed it with the newer versions.

Hmmm For some reason I think there are other programs that do that as well... I just gave fault to M$.. :p

Bman™ said:
I don't know which one I have, but I hated how it was installed. Installed into 4 different folders, frigging stupid.. Hope this one is different

Version 6 of Nero used to be located in the "Ahead" folder in the C:\Program Files\Ahead. Version 7 now its just a "Nero" Folder. ..

"Is this what you mean by different folder?":smoker:

No I have Nero Home folder, Nero Startsmart, and then a folder named Core

Which, during the installation, did not give me a choice.

Johnny, many applications use the Common Files directory. That's a common thing. Same with Application Data. It's especially good when you upgrade because the Program Files get over written. Application Data contains your personalized settings. Common Files is just that.

B, all of those directories should have been installed to X:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\...

Did you change the default path?

I just uninstalled, reinstalled and it did it properly, I dunno it must of be some weird time or something.

Fixed

madmatt said:
New version of Nero Ultra Edition has been released. Nero 7.2.0.3 appears to fix a few annoyances.

Download: http://ww2.nero.com/enu/Downloads.html
Release Notes: http://ww2.nero.com/nero7/enu/7798.html

Using the built-in "ProductSetup" application doesn't appear to work. It doesn't download a CAB file that is needed and the update fails because of it (may have just been me).

Within the past few releases I tried to do the ProductSetup and update Nero that way. I will NEVER NEVER do that again. I ended up with a completely botched install. Downloading the whole installer actually took less time even though it was like 40 times bigger. Go figure. I ended up having to download the Nero tool for cleaning their software off your system because installing failed and so did an uninstall. I was stuck. So, moral of the story, IMO, always do a full install.

rotjong

At least they fixed the installer this time around. If you provide a legit key it installs as "Nero 7 Ultra Edition" and not "Nero 7 Demo". They also fixed the installer from overwriting your settings. If you are upgrading from a previous version it remembers your settings and doesn't ask you again.

Roxio FTW!!!!

Just kidding - I downloaded this update on the one machine I use NERO on, and I love some of the new features. I really like the progress they have made with dealing with Scout, as it was a real pain in the arse when it first came out :eek:

Nero 7 is quite possibly the worst software ever released. Nero 6 was fine, but 7 is just god awful.

j79zlr said:
Nero 7 is quite possibly the worst software ever released. Nero 6 was fine, but 7 is just god awful.

I totally 100% agree with you, they killed a great program with the new release. Since the switch I been using Ashampoo Burn Studio 6, it is like Nero Express and works great. Both in the fact that it uses a lot less resources and runs more smoothly.

Version 7 is fine, if you dont include Scout & the media player. (which takes over all media files)

I have a tip if anyone does not like nero scout and wants to remove it.

To remove Nero Scout, just execute:

regsvr32 /u "%COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\Ahead\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll"

There are also some mini programs you can download to remove it.

Hate that thing

Nero 7 (especially Burning ROM) is much better than version 6. Just be selective with what you install and you will be fine.

Its a bloated peice of crap. Nero 6 has never burned a bad disc. What exactly does 7 offer that 6 doesn't, other than a useless resource heavy interface. It runs super slow on my PC and it is plenty fast enough. I want a program to burn a CD or DVD, period. IF that is what you want, Nero 6 is there. If you want tons of useless features then I guess Nero 7 is for you. I am perfectly happy with cdrecord -v dev=/dev/hdd filename.iso

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back