Nero Ultra Demo and InCD

WildHare

OSNN Junior Addict
I am trying to set myself up for drag-to-disk CDRW usage, so I am trying out the demo of Nero Ultra. I thought from all the materials at nero.com that InCD was included, but I cannot tell. Can anyone tell me if InCD is included in the demo and if it automatically installs?

My fear is that I have not setup the CDRW drive right and it's not being recognized as such.

Thanks!

if InCD is loaded, you should see it in the tray in the taksbar - yellowish icon which looks to me like a drawer with a disk in it - if ya hold the cursor over it, it should state InCD, so you can check real fast

should also be listed in the Registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\run

C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe is where mine is at

Thanks Jozhik!

Well, looking things over, there's no InCD directory with the install, and I found no incd.exe with a search in the file system or in the registry. I reinstalled, and the same thing.

Does anyone know, did I screw something up or does the Demo (Nero 6 Demo ver 6.6.0.8) not come with InCD?

Does the real Nero Ultra package come with InCD? The information http://ww2.nero.com/us/Nero_6_Ultra_Edition_Update_System_Requirements.html
found online seems to say it's included...

Thanks!

The retail Nero Ultra ewdition comes with InCD but it is not under the default Nero Suite button, it is further down the install list and has to be loaded seperately. If it's not in the demo pack try downloading it seperately from the site and installing it. I know the incd reader is available free, not sure about the burner ad on.

Thanks guys. It won't install without my serial number. I guess I will buy it and that will be that. Thanks for the help!

like stated above, incd is a seperate program. I personally would never use it, I don't trust any packet writing programs. I tried a couple of them in the past (Incd being one of them). They were nothing but trouble. I got the Nero EOM suite with my Sony DVD Writer, it included Incd. I didn't install it ..

Johnny said:
like stated above, incd is a seperate program. I personally would never use it, I don't trust any packet writing programs. I tried a couple of them in the past (Incd being one of them). They were nothing but trouble. I got the Nero EOM suite with my Sony DVD Writer, it included Incd. I didn't install it ..

I paid for the Ultra suite and but I didn't get it on a CD or anything. I downloaded it. I only install Nero Burning ROM [package 1], Nero PhotoShow Express [package 6], and NeroVision Express [package 2]. I don't install the Nero Media Player, NeroMIX or InCD.

Nonetheless, I tried using InCD in the past and they went through a period where it was buggy. I got sick of it and I'd rather just burn stuff to a CD-RW and transfer or save it that way. I feel the same way about DirectCD (?) from the Roxio suite. As you said... I dislike packet writing software altogether. of course, this is just my opinion. For some people packet writing saves a load of time transferring files between machines via rewriteable disc.

rotjong

rotjong said:
For some people packet writing saves a load of time transferring files between machines via rewriteable disc.

rotjong

That's pretty much why I want something like this. For MSMoney and some other programs I run with auto backup, I like having them written straight to CD. I have been running now for several months without (I think the upgrade to SP2 did in my HP9900j's OEM software as I recall) and just cannot stand the XP RW burn process.

Thanks everyone, I really do appreciate all the comments and suggestions!!!

You have to be careful with it though .. The thing that happen to me was that it ran good for a little while. Then it started to rename all my files. I had to go threw everything and name them back to thier originals .. After that, I did away with packet writing software .. What I use now for a back up is a western digital 120 gig external hard drive :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back