Nero registry error

S

spectra7045

I installed Nero 5.5 then upgraded to the latest 5.564 ( I think)
When I tried to run it it said there was an error in registry.
Tried to uninstal and got a fatal error and it wouldnt uninstall.
Deleted everything from registry although one entry would't delet and I had to set permission to deal with it.
I have EZCD already with all the latest updates.
Would like to swap to Nero but given I have had the above twice is there any option other thana clean reinstall.
Tried Nero under ME it works fine

Any ideas:confused:

Go out and BUY Nero .. then do your upgrade, and all will be fine ..

Why is that Totem when I was using an OEM copy which came with my son's cd writer and he didn't want to use it.
When that failed I also tried a friends copy.
I already have ezcd and given all the vibes about it thought I would try Nero.

Before I lashout more hard cash want to be sure it
A) will work and
B) is worth it

Well .. Nero does have it's uses .. But not in the way you might expect, if your used to the drag and drop idea of Easy CD, Then no Nero isn't for you. If your looken for a replacment for Easy CD, try NTI CD-Maker 2000 Professional or Standard.

Nero isn't for making Audio CD. It's more for making copies of existing images or CD's

Question ..

You did the upgrade.. Nero wasn't working for you ?

If it isn't broken .. DON'T FIX IT....

I think it goes like this: If it ain't broke, don't fix it
and I got an even wierder problem. when I open Nero, it goes something like "WARNING!!! this may be a pirated copy of Nero. Please contact..." and I have to hit ok like 5 times then its fine. Didn't used to have this problem but it just popped up suddenly. :(

From what you said I did a further investigation of the Nero site.
I understand
Looks like XP gives them the ability to do some kind of check which was not available in ME given the program seemed to work in ME.

Both OEM discs I used were from a Mirai cdwriter and the site says OEM's are specific to writers.

I have downloaded their free demo and will give it a spin in comparison with EZCD and if it checks out will purchase a copy.

It would have been helpful to have had some warning of this as I nearly re-installed XP thinking I had corrupted my registry.

I have no problem with what they did it is just confusing when you dont know.

I have often tried copies of friends software to see if I liked it then purchased if I did to ensure I got the support and upgrades.

regards

Spectra7045

I'd like to know why Nero isn't good for making audio cd's?? I use Nero only, and have never had a problem making either audio or data cd's.

I love Nero it works great on XP .... it will burn anything :)

I used nero on XP before they even updated/patched nero to work on XP and never had any isssues

I recommend it , and it is very easy to use.

i agree, i love using Nero. Especially for making Audio cds. Works great. And as far as not being able to drag and drop, I drag and drop all the time in Nero.

I use EZCD right now (hold the stone throwing please) but it's a pain in the @$$ installing, rebooting, patching, rebooting, updating, rebooting, patching again, rebooting, applying the newest update, and rebooting once again! It works great for me though once I spend about 3 years installing the stupid thing.

I want to try Nero, seems to have a smaller "footprint" than EZCD and simpler to install. BUT, does it have the functionality of EZCD? I basically just use EZCD to transfer files to CD and make an occasional music CD. I like it when I just pop in a CD and it "knows" theres a blank CD in there. I'm not using the wizard. I either format it like a drive or open the appropriate Roxio application for what I want to do.

I remember trying it a long time ago and wasn't too clear on its use so went to EZCD (but that was back with win98). I just want to know what to expect before I trash something that works for something I'm not sure about. I'm more or less from the "if it aint broke, don't fix it" school, but everyone seems to like Nero better; everyone can't be wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back