Nero problems

S

stewartbmw2000

Damn forum lost my message!! arghh I h8 that, any way I did have a large message but the basics of it are I'm trying to burn a SVCD to work in a DVD player from a .avi with Nero or Nero Express but neither will work any suggestions or other ways round it?

Do you have the Nero Plugin? Nero needs a plugin that must be purchased in addition to the Nero Buring ROM software to encode MPEG2 to a SVCD. Buy it at https://secure.nero.com/en/secure.asp. We don't support illegal software, so please dont ask for copies or cracks for the plugin here.

JJB

yeah ive already got that installed, if I didnt I dont think I'd be able to get as far as I did, is there any other way round it, for example, different CD burning software or is nero the only 1 that supports it?

If nero is having problems encoding from the AVI file to Mpeg then it is possible that the file has compressed audio possibly due to being originally encoded with DivX or such. If this is the problem then you need to uncompress it so the avi file has PCM stereo.

There is a program called decompress.exe which usually comes with a program called avi2vcd. Both are freeware and can usually be found from sites such as www.vcdhelp.com

Find the program and run the exe pointing it to the .avi file if you end up with a larger avi file as a result then it had compressed audio, try Nero on the resultant larger .avi and see if it then excepts it for encoding.

Error

Damn Nero....

Ok so about a week ago i wanted to burn a cd. Ok no problems. I have a 24X Burner with an 8MB buffer (never dropped a cd yet).
Ok so basically now i cant burn past 8X otherwise it gives me an "unspecified error" and kills the cd. I am getting pissed. Any help is great appreciated.

Thanks....

Peace:cool:

stewartbmw2000....

I'm not an expert on this, but have managed to burn a few VCD's with Nero.

From what I've read (especially at www.vcdhelp.com) the encoding included in Nero isn't up to much. If you want good quality, you'd be better off encoding your file another way before asking Nero to burn the SVCD (maybe VirtualDub / FlaskMPEG / TMPGEnc etc..).

Try and get it so that when you ask Nero to burn your file, it does not say it needs to do any conversions to the video before burning.

Hope this helps - much more detail on this sort of stuff at the vcd help site.

www.vcdhelp.com is a wikked site, very well laid out and tells you everything you need to know, cheers lads should be able to sort it now

when converting a AVI (DIvx) to VCD with nero I have found better resolts using the image writer first - once the image file is created i then dump it to CD.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back