Nero problems after format and install

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
I reformatted my pc and after installing Nero,i cannot burn cd's, it comes with the error "No Fixation" and then stops. Before i formatted i still couldn't burn a cd everytime as it would burn it and i could see it on the disc but i couldn't read it.i burned on the same disc several times ,each burn the same. Even on another pc i could not read it , any ideas would be great.

Now fixed at last. The reason for it was that the default setting for data had changed to "track at once". All that grief for that. Cheers everone for your suggestions

Will Windows XP's built-in burning do it? Try to isolate the problem and make sure to find out if it's Nero or not.

I have tried it with XP software as well and still it writes the disc but cannot view it. I have downloaded the MS FIX
Q320174_WXP_SP1_x86_ENU.exe

But cannot install it due to having a SP1 installed already.

Also i have a Pioneer 105 and have no problems burning a dvd. Could cd laser be goosed

Tried different media as well, just the same writes it but seems too write leadin/out very fast and is still unreadable

Can't get aspi to install , tried FORCEASPI but can't even install that, when i run the "aspichk.exe" check tool it says that cant install older version?????? I can't find them on my hd

Nero comes with it's own aspi layer: winaspi32.dll

burnatonce and burrrn are both initially set to use XP's native SPTI interface, no ASPI needed.

Also make sure you turn of the IMAPI service.

ok ill try that. But have done a search for winaspi32.dll and cannot find it on my system where should they be and where can i download them

I'm sorry, it's actually wnaspi32.dll

for nero v6x it should be in program files>ahead>nero

It's ok i found it but i still can't burn and read a disk, running out of ideas??? :mad: :mad:

1) did you disable IMAPI?
2) Try burrrn, burnatone
3) what is your setup? mobo? cdrw? dvdrw?

imapi disabled.
A7N8X nvidia mobo, pioneer 105 dvdr,cdr, winxppro+sp1

do you have the newest nvidia drivers? I know there was a release version that borked the IDE drivers. Possible?

No i have only installed the drivers that come with the mobo and have had nop problem with them.
Removed the burner and used it in another pc with no problems so dvd combo is fine, but thinking back i did change the ISO settings so i coud make a bootable SLIPSTREAM XP DISC, might have something to do with it but you would think a format would erase these settings.Oh i have tried burning an audio disc and had no problems so it must be the ISO settings for burning a DATA disc, can anyone send me the defaults or how to change them back again.

glad you figured it out. I would suggest in the future to keep burnatonce around because 1) it can do most of what nero can do much neater and easier
2) It is small and can be run without being installed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back