Nero InCD issues

scriptasylum

OSNN Senior Addict
I am having trouble using InCD successfully. I have a liscensed Nero version 5.5.7.2 and the latest InCD. I am using a Plextor 12/10/32A drive. This drive IS supposedly supported by InCD.

Nero works fine when burning CDR's, but InCD is giving me problems when trying CDRWs. It installed fine, and seems to work ok, but when I format a CDRW it shows 174Meg used and no free space. I have tried other CDRW disks with no change. I have tried the latest drive firmware too.

I have attached a pic of the properties screen. Any help would be appreciated.

Note: My wife's PC is using EasyCD and it formats the CDRWs that I tried to format on my PC fine.

EDIT - Another note: I am using EZCD on my Win98 partition and it works fine for CDR and CDRW's. So this sorts rules out hardware.

From all the rumors I have heard it's a bug in the Nero software that only affects WIN XP... it's an incompatibility between INCD and XP.

i also using the nero incd version 3.31 but after i use incd to format my cdrw , the file system become FS_UDF but yours is UDFRDR ..UDFRDR????

Did anyone know what is the file system??

From all the rumors I have heard it's a bug in the Nero software that only affects WIN XP... it's an incompatibility between INCD and XP.

I could have sworn I had it working at one point before I reformatted a while back. if I only knew the version back then. :rolleyes:

OK, since InCD is not an option at this point, is there a decent (hopefully freeware) CDRW packet writing software out there?

To be honest, I don't believe there are any free packet writing softwares out. I know there are free readers, but I haven't ran across a free writer.

This is quite normal...

When you format a CD-RW for packet writing it uses about the amount of disk space you mention, this is about 139meg in Roxio and a whopping 174 odd in InCD. In Roxio's DirectCD you can also format CD-Rs and this only takes about 30meg. InCD does not offer the use of CD-Rs and you can only use the RWs. Your graphic is exactly the same as mine. If you right click on InCDs Start Bar icon and select 'Properties' you will get the one that shows the proportion between the used and unused portion of the disk.

Don't worry all is well.

PS: I might add though that the only problem I have with InCD is that it automatically disables the XP native burn software. If i want to use that system I have to recheck the little square in the CDrom properties box. Other than that... no problems.

Just noticed that my file system after formating becomes FS_UDF wheras another posters system becomes UDFS (maybe his is a mistype)

I figured that might be the case but scriptasylum's definition (UDFRDR) is very curious and he may have a problem. I am sure he'll post back though.

Regards... :D

Thanks Ewen.

My problem is that I cannot drag-n-drop files onto the CDRW because it says I have no free space available. (BTW: I mistyped the size usage. I meant 174"kb" instead of "meg".)

If you right click on InCDs Start Bar icon and select 'Properties' you will get the one that shows the proportion between the used and unused portion of the disk.

This properties and Explorer's property view both show no free space to use.

Since InCD does not have a "drag-n-drop pane" to work with, I have to use explorer. Easy enough, but XP complains that the disk is read-only when I try to drag files to it.

I uninstalled InCD, and tried NTI's FileCD program. It's only a trial, but it works. If I format in FileCD, I still get the same result if I view the properties of the drive in Explorer. This program however, uses a special window. You drag-n-drop files to this window and then burn. It still says UDFRDR under Explorer's properties, but seems to work ok. And I can read the disk in other PCs.

I think maybe my problems come from the fact I used to have EZCD installed. I uninstalled it and got Nero because EZCD stopped working right after a while. Plus, it is a real pain in the butt to install EZCD (reboot), patch it (reboot), update it (reboot), and patch it again (reboot). Nero has been working great except for InCD. I did not notice it before because I never really used CDRWs.

Note: When I uninstalled EZCD, I also went through the registry and removed all references to EZCD.

So, now, I am using Nero for CDRs and NTI FileCD for CDRWs. Later on when I upgrade to AMD's Hammer (provided it lives up to my expectations), I'll have to reformat/reinstall XP and I'll give InCD another try then.

Thanks everyone for their help!

It is a pleasure scriptasylum, I am only sorry that we were not able to solve your problem entirely.

I had a similar problem with DirectCD and that is why I switched to InCD. Just as an aside though... InCD does not provide a 'drag and drop' window as you say but XP does open the window over Explorer and you can also use the 'Send To' right click.

It occurred to ma later that the fact that InCD disables XP (in my case) is by design and not accident. It figures that if I decided to 'drag and drop' files to the InCD window XP would cache the files to it's temporary folder to be written using it's system. It's not a hassle really, all I have to do is remember to re-check the little box again.

Regards from 'Down Under'

PS: I have just scanned a cd of mine with a tool provided free from Nero and I see that UDFRDR stands for 'UDFReaDeR.

They have some handy tools that are provided free and they work independently of Nero.

Go here: www.cdspeed2000.com

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back