NERO ImageDrive

damnyank

I WILL NOT FORGET 911
Has anyone gotten the "ImageDrive" portion of Nero 5 Burning ROM to work????

Here's what I have done (a total of about four times) so far:

Installed NERO 5 Burning ROM from the CD. This was version 5.5.7.1

I then installed NERO ImageDrive from within the folder on the Programs list - created by the NERO 5 installation.

This is the first time things seemed flakey - it told me I had version 1.0.0.1 already installed on my puter and it would "update" to 0.0.0.0 (I thought that was strange) but proceeded anyway with the update.

I then rebooted and tried to get ImageDrive to open - I got a box saying:

An internal error occured
Error - 1
The Nero ImageDriver is absent in the system
Please reinstall the program

So, I uninstalled NERO 5 and did the same thing all over again and got the same results again from Nero ImageDrive.

Now here's the kicker, I went to the control panel, add/remove programs and went to ImageDrive (which shows no size for the file) and did the remove thing. I got an uninstall wizard and it started - then said it was interuppted and to click Finish. Well all that did was leave it in the list of installed programs and it still was not uninstalled???? :confused: :confused:

Played around somemore and found that after I updated NERO to 5.5.8.2 there was another item in the folder on the programs list that said "Update ImageDrive" - what did I have to lose?? - I clicked on it , it went thru the update wizard - this time updating it from 0.0.0.0 to 1.0.0.1 (which was originally installed from the CD) and guess what?? Of course ImageDrive still has the same Error-1 thingy.

Searches of this forum produced nothing

Google search only gave me a hint from some of the results that NERO ImageDrive does not work with XP!

Has anyone gotten Nero ImageDrive to work?? Does anyone know if Nero ImageDrive works with XP??

Any help at all would be gr8ly appreciated!

BUMP - I really hate to - but after 19 reads and not even so much as someone accusing me of smoking dope or eating cookies or drinking milk?????

Surely someone besides me must have gone there & done that???

nero

the people over at ahead .com suggest you drop them a line to help you through a work around..go here
www.ahead.de

madman

Done - hoping it will help!

Thanx for the interest!

madman

Just a quick question - since NERO(Ahead) is from Germany (I wonder how many others on this forum knew that??) - I guess I should not expect a response from them until at the very earliest Monday AM CDST - right???? If memory serves me correctly they are at least 7 hours ahead of us - if not more!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back