Nero = Coasters ?

N

niabi

i don't know if this is the right part of the forum to ask but i will give it a shot.

Recently Nero started to give me Coasters ALL of the cds i have tried to burn get to 3% and then fail with this error message "unspecified error"

it was working just fine, and my CDR-W works fine as it works perfectly on WMP and with the included burning service on windows XP

i recently installed Daemon tools, i don't know if ppl have had this problem or know a way to fix it, i am pretty sure its because of the daemon tools since nero detects it as a SCSI device.

any suggestions are welcome

btw my CDR-W is a sony 8x/4x/32x

Thanks in Advance

nIabI

Roll the system back to before you installed Daemon Tools. See if that clears it up.

But first, Have you started using a different type of CD-R ? (The disks... different brand?)

yep i have tried a diferent disk brand
3 of them :(

and i had for a strange reason system restore disabled i guess its to late to enable it anyways.

:( i am gona try and delete al registry entrys of Deamon tools see if that helps.

Thanks
nIabI

How long was restore disabled? Maybe there is still a recent restore point. But don't go too far back. This is all moot if it was disabled from day1.

But...
Do the uninstall of the proggy first then go into the registry and clean it up.

hehehe now i am really screwed i uninstalled the program now i lost my secondary IDE controller and f course the cdr connected to it :(

not even restarting XP detected my secondary IDE controller :(

so, any suggestions?

nIabI

Shut down then reboot. Go into BIOS and tick AUTODETECT for all your Drives. Reboot and see if that helps.

But before you reboot. Also in BIOS make sure that all IDE Controllers are ON.

Fixed

Fixed the CD problems went into Safe mode and removed all the "ghost" CD devices i had way to many of them :D

now i am gona try nero again.

thanks

nIabI

How my Drives you got?

If just your HD and CD-RW then open the box up and connect the CD-RW Drive as a slave to the HD on your Primary IDE Controller. Then reboot.

Ya never know... :p

Damn, I'm slow on the posting... Good Luck. :D

heh heh... yeah and you're just waking up or off to work huh? :p :p

Nite. :D

Problem fixed....Daemon tools problem :)

Thanks for the help guys :D

nIabI

I'm getting ready for an evening of tele. :D
Don't know if that's good or not. :eek:

i had this problem after upgrading to XP Pro, and i fixed it by making sure that my CDRW was a Master and not slave. this problem sounds like the one i had, so hopefully this will help you.

Hmmmm daemon tools dont sound like prob;lem really I had to get all the ASPI drivers Over again when i got XP for my burner to burn lol But i ONLY use Nero hehe and i keep daemon installed with 1 ghost drive only never once had a prob either so i think you should check if any other apps could be still causing probs just in case....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back