Nero causing memory dump

R

RobbieSan

I recently did a fresh install of XP along with SP1.. I loaded up Nero 5.5.7.2 and tried burning a cd and I got a blue screen (memory dump) half way through.. I removed it and tried 5.5.9.0 OEM and the same thing happened..

anyone know what may be causing this? I had IMAPI service disabled to begin with and later enabled/started it thinking maybe that was the problem.. after another unsuccessful burn I am here hoping someone can help me..

thanks

I get the same error if I let Norton Aniti Virus's auto protection enabled.

I usually keep it disabled until I want to scan a file/s or drives.. could having NAV running at all cause this?

Turn off NAV completely then try to burn. You won't need anti virus if all files running are clean.

I'll give that a try.. I wonder if it's a problem with NAV 2003.. I don't remember running into this with the corp version..

Just wondering why nobody asked what the error message after the crash actually says. Don't know much about it but there could be different things causing this blue screen. Conflicts with other burning software, driver problems.... I certainly know that I never switch off or disable NAV when burning CDs and never had problems.

yep, same here NAV 2003 and Nero 5.5.9.14 with no problems.

I used to get "blue screen" caused by actiontek internal modem driver (ltmdmnt), check if modem is causing problem!
got ADSL now and no drama's, and boy the speed is just huge!!!!!!!!

XP Recording CD's

Microsoft states that to use any third-party burning software you must remove XP's internal recording software or conflicts may/will develope. In windows Explorer, right click your CD-RW, select properties, Recording Tab, and uncheck "Enable CD recording on this drive". Uninstall Nero---reboot--install Nero and should work just fine!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back