Nero causing memory dump

R

RobbieSan

I recently did a fresh install of XP along with SP1.. I loaded up Nero 5.5.7.2 and tried burning a cd and I got a blue screen (memory dump) half way through.. I removed it and tried 5.5.9.0 OEM and the same thing happened..

anyone know what may be causing this? I had IMAPI service disabled to begin with and later enabled/started it thinking maybe that was the problem.. after another unsuccessful burn I am here hoping someone can help me..

thanks

R

RobbieSan

I usually keep it disabled until I want to scan a file/s or drives.. could having NAV running at all cause this?

R

RobbieSan

I'll give that a try.. I wonder if it's a problem with NAV 2003.. I don't remember running into this with the corp version..

yoyo

Just wondering why nobody asked what the error message after the crash actually says. Don't know much about it but there could be different things causing this blue screen. Conflicts with other burning software, driver problems.... I certainly know that I never switch off or disable NAV when burning CDs and never had problems.

yep, same here NAV 2003 and Nero 5.5.9.14 with no problems.

I used to get "blue screen" caused by actiontek internal modem driver (ltmdmnt), check if modem is causing problem!
got ADSL now and no drama's, and boy the speed is just huge!!!!!!!!

dick471

OSNN Junior Addict
XP Recording CD's

Microsoft states that to use any third-party burning software you must remove XP's internal recording software or conflicts may/will develope. In windows Explorer, right click your CD-RW, select properties, Recording Tab, and uncheck "Enable CD recording on this drive". Uninstall Nero---reboot--install Nero and should work just fine!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut