nero burns real slow..

E

Exoddus

since i got my nero ( newest update ) and my cd-rw on my windows xp, while burning in any method, the 'buffer' in the bottom right stays around 8%-17% and at 16x it burns incredibly slow, like 50 minutes. what can i do!?!? on my old system ( windows me system i got around 75-100% buffer and i burnt real quick, 1-2 minutes )

go into your nero file, preferencs, the buffer...and try setting it higher, see if that helps.

make sure dma is enabled for the drive in device manager. look at the primary and secondary ide controllers and turn on dma

helped a little bit, but the main burn process is still slow

edit: they are set to "DMA if available" and theirs another choice, "IPO Only" setting i think

make sure its set to dma if availible. other than that....try reinstalling nero .or use this file and put it in the windows\system32 folder, the windows folder and the nero folder

that should help a lot

this is what my problem is, and the speed is real slow

nero.JPG

i installed that file into all 3 directories and their was no difference :( right now im downloading a different burn software to see if it works, maybe nero is just gay?

i like roxio's easy cd creator 5 actually.... its easier to navigate than nero. i'm debating wether or not that's worth the $100 to buy the real thing though

roxio is horrible. its slow its a memory hog its got a retarted interface and no where near as many options as nero. roxio is more of a memory hog than the AOL program is. and AOL is one of the worst

well i had downloaded another cd burn software, but got the same results, so now im thinking it isnt nero itself, could it be my cd-rw gone bad? or i was thinking even though its set to burn at 16x, if my cd's couldnt do better then say, 8x, then would that be why its so slow? ( even though im pretty dang sure they are 16x compatable )

what brand of cd's? ive used memorex, imation, sony, tdk, pny, digital research, and dozens of no name brands. i found that the TDK disc are the absolute best disks ever. no errors ever. it is possible that ur cd's r not rated high enough but it is also possible that the cdrw is going. perhaps the lens needs cleaning or the buffer went. look for a firmware update from the manufacturer

Have you disabled the IMAPI CD-burning COM service?
If not try that, as it and Nero don't play well together.

I've seen the problem before on different drives, my only solution was a os reinstall...or try this..remove the device from device manager...then let windows re-detect it and set it up, see if that helps you.

since im super illiterate with cd-burning, explain how i dissable IMAPI and what device are you speaking of qumahlin? if you mean the cd-rw rom, ive done that

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back