Nero Burning ROM (which one)

N

Not Bman

I used to download Nero and use hacked versions, and then the past couple months I have been using CDBurnerXP, but I started to notice things it does not do, and problems that it does not work properly.

Anyways, I am wanting to buy Nero most likely. I remember everyone talking about how the new version 8 is very bloated, and well I hate programs that are like that as well. I also remember someone talking about 2 other versions of Nero, lite version or something like that.

I can't find anything related to that on their website, where can I find these smaller lite version of Nero and how much are they?

Thanks.

You still need a key so you have to buy a full version, but just do a google search for nero micro and you can find the stripped down version. It is legal.

You mean I am going to have to pay $70 odd dollars for the stripped down version? That don't seem right. Is there anything else I can do?

Bman, why do you want to use Nero?...What type of media burning are you trying to do? Video? or Music files or Ripping.....there are many great open source programs that are far better than nero.

If there is any media software that I would purchase. it would be Discjuggler by Padus

No real reason, I just come to know Nero. I didn't have much success with CDBurnerXP either. I do mainly data burning, iso, and things like that.

If you choose CUSTOM install instead of TYPICAL you can choose what parts of Nero you want to install. I only install the ROM, Nero Vision, WAV editor and Cover designer.

Also, on the last screen of what file extensions you want associated with Nero I always uncheck them all.

Yea but if you are doing that and only using Nero Burning ROM, why should you have to pay full price for it. I am willing to pay 20 or 30 for just that, which is quite a bit as well but yea.

imgburn will burn iso files and make data discs, if your making audio cds there are other programs out there that will do them, nero is bloated big time

I'd say stick with cdburner xp and img burn. No issues for me over the last few years :)

nero v6 is the best version

i also use imgburn for images/dual layer etc

So with Imgburn I will be able to right click onto a .iso file and hit Burn?

Also I will be able to go into it and pick a bunch of files and burn them to disc.... Music I never burn but when I do I can just use Winamp or what not, that's not a problem. I am thinking there is something else I do all the time but can't remember what it is ahaaa

I will give Imgburn a go again. Thanks.

The joys of paid software. However, I find value in Nero at its price point even though I only use Buring ROM. As AZ said (and has said hundreds of times), do a custom install and you eliminate the bulk of the bloat. After installing disable the NMIndexingService (or whatever it is) and turn off Nero Backup (even though you don't install it an item is added to RunOnce).

Does Nero Micro install Nero Backup and the NMIndexingService as well?

No. Nero Lite/Micro is nice, but usually a version or two behind the latest (for obvious reasons).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back