Nero 9 Upgrade - Worth it?

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
I've seen and participated in "Nero is loosing it" threads, but...

I can get an upgarde to Nero 9 for $49. That is below my threshold of pain.

Is it worth it or should I just stick with Nero 6?

My beta testing on Windows 7 shows it is now compatible with Nero 6 (at least as far as I tested) and I will never use VISTA so I have no compelling need to upgrade for compatibility. I also dread figuring out where they hid all the tools I normally use in the upgraded versions.

No it is not worth it. Use imgburn; does the same thing with less pork ..

I tried Nero 6 on Vista and didn't have any issues. Altho I didn't use Vista extensively but I told it to install anyway.

like johnny says - use imgburn - unless you use nero for other things

I've used Nero in the past and like you say they keep messing up the usability and I've had computer slowdown in the past due to Nero. So I use CdburnerXP .... I noticed they have upgraded it to include Win7.. Hmmm I have'nt tried the new version yet as the old version is working for me just fine... Although in compatibility mode. :cry:

I use CDBurnerXP on my laptop but use Nero on my desktop. CDBurnerXP doesn't seem to like my SATA optical drive.

The answer is what if any benefit it would be to you to upgrade. About the only thing I can think of in Nero 9 that 6 doesn't have is Blu-ray support

I tried Nero 6 on Vista and didn't have any issues. Altho I didn't use Vista extensively but I told it to install anyway.

How did you get Nero 6 to work on VISTA. All I ever got was "not compatible click this link for help". The link took me to a Nero website where they told me I had to upgrade to a newer Nero...

Nero hasn't been worth using for years. Go get imgburn and cdburnerxp :)

I've seen and participated in "Nero is loosing it" threads, but...

I can get an upgarde to Nero 9 for $49. That is below my threshold of pain.

Is it worth it or should I just stick with Nero 6?

My beta testing on Windows 7 shows it is now compatible with Nero 6 (at least as far as I tested) and I will never use VISTA so I have no compelling need to upgrade for compatibility. I also dread figuring out where they hid all the tools I normally use in the upgraded versions.

It depends what you use it for and how simple you want things to be.
I always choose custom install then install only the parts of Nero I want and at the end of the install I choose to not let Nero associate with any file extensions except maybe ISO.

I like Nerovision and feel it is one of the faster format converters. I also like the fact that showtime will play all my files without having to install any codec packs as Nero comes with all you need (at least for me).

For the most part I only use Rom, Vision, cover designer and Wave editor.

If you use Vision then I can tell you it is very much improved now from what version 6 has.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back