Nero 8 Now Available for Purchase/Download

wait.. you complain about the bloat, but are afraid to leave it because Nero includes all this "extra" functionality.. what do you think is responsible for the bloat? ;)

Yea what I said didn't really come out right, but like the bloat are from the things I don't use. I think I use more of Nero then I know, but not sure. Make sense? probably not lol nvm

I feel that only people who do not know how to do a custom install are the one's who feel it is bloated. I install only burning ROM , Nero Vision, recode, cover designer and wave editor. I downloaded the trial for 8 and noticed that scout is disabled by default so that is kinda nice. Still had to disable the indexing service though.

They shouldn't make it hijack all media file type's extensions. The first time I installed Nero 7 it did that unbeknownst to me. I had to reinstall windows to fix it. You shouldn't have to custom install it to make it not suck or else it sucks ;)

AZ, while I agree with you there is no reason Nero Scout (indexing service) needs to be installed. You don't even have the choice whether or not to install it.

I have been complaining to Nero about not being able to select scout when I choose what I want and do not want to install. Hopefully they will add this to the custom install list in the future.

Thank you for your e-mail.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to disable Nero Scout while installation as it is beeing used by different applications like Nero Home. It is only possible to deactivate Nero Scout like you did. I'm sorry.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards,

It only took them five days to respond.

But it can be done...Nero lite. I think if they remove scout then they would have to remove Home as it would have no real function anymore. This would make the suite seem smaller so they do not want to do it.

Nero Burning ROM is still the best in my opinion. It would only be better if they cut the fat. There is no point in installing Nero Home, Nero Scout, or Nero Mobile. But that's just me.

Nero Lite is an option if you don't mind running a two month old version.

The reply you received from support is the same one they gave me a few months back. Now my next question to them is the fact I do not install Nero Home so why do I have to install scout.

Will see what they say to that question.

That's what I asked in response. =\

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back