Nero 8 Now Available for Purchase/Download

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
The new version of Nero is now available for purchase and/or download.

http://www.nero.com/enu/nero8-introduction.html

Hard to believe but it is just as bloated. You would think Nero would have made some changes to the install process to give you more control over what is and is not installed. You still have no say on whether or not Nero Scout is installed; and by default it is enabled. The service for Nero Scout is also enabled (it can easily be disabled but that's not the point). It seems portions of Nero Home are also installed regardless if you choose to install it or not.

No clue what is new with the new version besides a new look SmartStart.

A 15-day trial is available.

So does this allow you to make an audio cd with MP3's and edit the tag information that is displayed on the vehicle information system do you think?

WMP11 is not doing jack for me even with all the information present :(

Cheers.

Nero 8 supports CD TEXT, but so did Nero 7. Is that what you mean?

After reading some of the reviews on Nero 8 I do not find anything really worth upgrading to 8 from 7.

Nero 6 is still the best option.

AZ, I haven't found of any reason to upgrade.

j79, I knew you'd post =) and I agree.

I didn't think 6 works with vista...that was my favorite version!!

*opinion*

Ahead realized that there were many options in the freeware world that do what Nero did and that they had to add more to make it viable now. Now it's a complete suite of tools.

That being said, I still use version 6.

I've always preferred CDBurnerXP.. new version finally works with Vista! Includes HD-DVD and BluRay support as well.

I've always preferred CDBurnerXP.. new version finally works with Vista! Includes HD-DVD and BluRay support as well.

Can it do everything Nero can? I really am starting to hate the bulkness of Nero, but have not found anything that compares to it.

well, I'll continue my hijacking of this thread.. bman - did you visit the link that I included in my post to their site? They have a list of features spread around various portions of the site. Is there something in particular you're looking for Nero to do that other applications don't?

umm kinda scary but that screenshot on the page reminds me of norton very much of a turn off electronically speaking

So I did an "upgrade" which took 3 reboots and over an hour to complete then found my finely tuned custom installation had just been replaced with everything.

And it still breaks Vista thumbnails.

well, I'll continue my hijacking of this thread.. bman - did you visit the link that I included in my post to their site? They have a list of features spread around various portions of the site. Is there something in particular you're looking for Nero to do that other applications don't?

Not exactly, it's just I have grown a custom to knowing what Nero can do in case I need something it can do.

So I did an "upgrade" which took 3 reboots and over an hour to complete then found my finely tuned custom installation had just been replaced with everything.

And it still breaks Vista thumbnails.
I didn't check thumbnails (I forgot about that).

I had to reboot two times, but it kept my customized installation.

I hate just how bloated Nero has become, however I find myself using it simply for Nero Vision. I have never found anything that can replace that one piece of software.

I wont be upgrading to 8 however, if Ahead haven't even bothered to fix the thumbnail issue in Vista what exactly was the reasoning behind the new release?

Arg, I don't know what 2 do now. I now really want to change, since I have hated the bloat of Nero, but just feel like I will be missing something if I leave it.....

Look for Nero Lite or Micro, I have micro, it is just like v6 but is v7. None of the useless crap just the burning program. Works on Vista. You still need a valid license for it, but it is stripped down.

wait.. you complain about the bloat, but are afraid to leave it because Nero includes all this "extra" functionality.. what do you think is responsible for the bloat? ;)

I never thought I would say this, but; Roxio 10 makes nero 8 look and run like trailer trash ... I used to love nero, the bloatness of it drew me far away from it ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back