neowin screwed?

complete update...
Neowin is closed TEMPORARILY.

We don't have the capacity to support the type of site we have always wanted to bring to our visitors. Despite our best efforts we are still refusing our visitors and long term members the web site due to errors similar to "Server too busy"

Since Neowin will never be just another phpnuke or copycat wannabe tech site we would rather call it a day than continue to limp on our resources. So for now we opt for closure. We Will be back.. Nice to see all those sites spreading mis-information (Something Neowin avoids)

hmm... m00 - they having extact same/similar issues as we are/were having... quite ironic huh ?

MdSalih

ohh another update...
Thankyou to everyone who is sending in emails of support, here is an update to the current situation. We are working with Hosttyme to re-compile MYSQL and we are also looking at the server configuration. With the help of experts we have tracked memory leaks and run-away processes relating both to PHP 4.2.1 and MYSQL.

Neowin needs this time offline to restore the site to how it should run. Without Server too busy messages. We will be keeping accounts and post data so members will not be required to sign-up again. The ETA for this is ASAP. If all goes well we hope to have this behind us very soon.

Please do remember we appreciate you all. The Neowin community is strong and we thank-you for your patience and understanding.

hmm... surprised they're still using php 4.2.1 - it quite a few probs with it.. security issues... dont remember reading a resource leak in it...

anywayz... will be back up soon to copy news off other sites... not give credit... and take the piss outta 'unproffesional journalism' ;) - still... not too bad a site :)

MdSalih

Posted on NeoNerds.net:

Despite the attempts of a few sites that will go un-named trying to kick us while we are down I wanted to make a comment that we are still working on the server and will be back soon. Additionally I would like to show appreciation at all the sites that showed support and even wrote odes to Neowin (cheers Brad)

More

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back