Neowin + NTFS + EP v TheInquirer

TheBlueRaja

BR to Some
Whoohooo!

Am I allowed to print this????

Check out this link first from Neowin if you don't know the background to the story.

Then check this out - hehe.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14044 (At the Bottom)

* NEOWIN
Our crazy wibbler Paul Hales set off a war against neowin.net last Wednesday when I was looking at robots in Lille. I didn't see this article or get my phone messages from little Neowin until I got home late that evening. Halesie is quite right to hit out against web sites that print our stories in full and then give us the tiniest attribution at the bottom of the story in two point type. But I'd like to say here that Neowin has never done this, and in fact has been very supportive to the INQ since we first started nearly three years ago now. It's also given us some important leads on software stories which we've followed up and published. Halesie must have been suffering from the dog. I'd like to apologise to Neowin for the INQ causing them grief. I'm not going to slap down Halesie, because his heart's in the right place. He just went over the top all guns blazing that day - with Neowin suffering from the "friendly fire". Mike Magee.

Yeah, as far as I know the situation has been resolved. I only ever print the first two three paragraphs anyway (not speaking for the other news poster, but that is also what I would like them to do now)

Tho, to be honest, I don't post articles from the Inquirer ;)
Tho I do check the register daily at work.

Electronic Punk said:
Yeah, as far as I know the situation has been resolved. I only ever print the first two three paragraphs anyway (not speaking for the other news poster, but that is also what I would like them to do now)

Tho, to be honest, I don't post articles from the Inquirer ;)
Tho I do check the register daily at work.

What he said ^^

I don't post from The Inq and only post 2 or 3 paragraphs from an article

yeah they seem to have got their heads out there asses now :D

I had never even heard of the inquirer, I take a look at the Register every now and then, but normally I cant be arsed looking for new anyways

I see Paul Hales was quoting from Neowin today on theInquirer here (no prizes for guessing for what story), and neglected to make the Neowin.net reference a link...

Now, isnt that a bit two faced concidering?

Mentions Neowin twice in the article and doesn't directly quote any text.... :confused:

Time to NOT use any of their stories anymore. Maybe then they'll feel neglected and whine about that instead.

Perhaps, if your being picky, quoting was the wrong word to use - referring too would have been a better choice of words perhaps.

Anyhoo, the point i was trying to make is that we always link theinquirer in at the bottom of a news story and they just mention the name without the link.

TheBlueRaja said:
Perhaps, if your being picky, quoting was the wrong word to use - referring too would have been a better choice of words perhaps.

Anyhoo, the point i was trying to make is that we always link theinquirer in at the bottom of a news story and they just mention the name without the link.

Your point was/is valid. The irony of hypocrisy in situations such as these tends to make me laugh. Sorry, it's just my sense of humour.

I'm glad to see people with more... restraint and professionalism than what Mr. Hales displayed from The Inq. Not only did he make himself look bad... he made The Inq look bad. Poor journalistic ethic and lack of professionalism which equals out to lack of integrity in my book. Apology or not from Mr. Magee [which I was pleased to see], the bell cannot be unrung.

/rotjong

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back