Neowin Hacked?

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
The site is down and this was posted in #neowin after about 700 bots were brought in - No sh!t 700, the change had about 42 ppl and went up to over 700 :eek:

[18:07:32] <TEOMAN```> SouljA{X} ownd ur site *****es

Closing words from the twit:

[18:09:14] <SouljA{X}> just so u know
[18:09:15] <SouljA{X}> thanks
[18:09:15] <SouljA{X}> haha
[18:09:24] * SouljA{X} (~Devil@London-HSE-ppp3544159.sympatico.ca) Quit (Client Quit)

I'm bore, can ya tell *sigh*

Damn, I dont know why people like to do **** like this..

Soulja is the "friend" of that 12 year old prick isnt he?

The kid is in #neowin now arguing with members, quite interesting

[19:11:14] <kidd0|AFK> well, I'll be back later, dun expect neowin to be up anytime soon B)

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Soulja is the "friend" of that 12 year old prick isnt he?

Yeah, that's the guy that kidd0 is getting to do the dirty work. :rolleyes:

I gather they're just DoS'ing like the packet kiddies they are, and with 700+ machines (quite viable with the none existant security of cableco's etc) say they have a minimum of 64k upload, and they're all constantly joint DDoS'ing the neowin servers thats a minimum barrage of 43mb/second
So unless they do summat about it, neowins pretty muchly ****ed for the duration :confused: :huh:

thats exactly 700 machines with 64k upload, I should imagine there's a few more machines and plenty more bandwidth. Kinda sh!tty really that some little idiot punk kid can take down such a large site/server

Most probably back door trojans, over time you can "collect" victims, then when you need them, use all the bandwidth at once

Also due to the lack security of some cable/DSL companies its not un-heard of for some people to gain access to the main hub/server of an ISP and get into machines or just use the bandwidth direct from there.

I should imagine that there's plenty of ways it can be done.

Exploiting many peoples machines is a lot easier than getting access to a nice server with a few hundred mb bandwidth.

This attack also took down WinBeta and their IRC servers :eek:

WinBeta on the same server / host then? or they just being targeted too?

Ah well, dont mean to sound like an arse, but it doesn't really affect me, I think i've been to neowin about 5 times in the past 2 years :p
Still annoying that some ****er feels its right to take them down though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back