Neowin Attacked Once Again

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
I'm posting this as we have many shared members with our affiliate Neowin. We don't like to post news about the misfortune of other sites and we hope this isn't the end of Neowin.

The NTFS staff would like to wish Neobond, the entire Neowin staff and it's members, the best of luck.

Posted on behalf of Neowin Staff:
This morning when I woke up I was met with an array of problems on the site due to the fact that a member was threatening DoS (denial of service) attacks towards Neowin. This has become a tiring re-occurring problem on Neowin since January instigated by a kid with too much power and no sense to put those skills to a good cause. Despite pleas with hosts and authorities this kid has got away with his unlawful activities against Neowin and many other sites (some affiliated with neowin) and continues to control a large botnet. Due to the fact that this kid has again seen fit to use his army of bots against my site and we are powerless to stop it we have decided to close down. We informed Rackshack to power down our server until further notice.

This decision wasn't easy, Neowin has been my life for the better part of 3 years, We have dedicated that time to help people and to help people stay informed about the latest news and releases for the IT sector. We don't get paid, we don't force anything on our members yet we are treated like this by a kid who doesn't even know us personally.

I am sad that one child can have so much influence on the web that he can destroy a service we offered for free to over 30,000 registrations. I have posted his details on our Neowin MSN community, you can view that here. I just want to close this message by saying thanks for your continued support over the last 3 years.

Neowin Admins

I think that sucks for neowin, and i hope the person who has been DoSing neowin pays for it dearly... :mad:

I heard from some other sites that some people don't like them because of some kind of plagirism or something. If it's just a false rumor, could you let me know and tell me how it might have started? :confused: I hate rumors, ESPECIALLY if they aren't true.

It's one lil 13 year old kid that has a vendetta against Neobond and Neowin.

I find it morally objectionable that anyone would post a link to an MSN forum that gives out all his information, including his mother and his friend. If you want to draw attention to him, fine, but what about those innocent victims that you contribute to hurting? Shameful! There are bigger idiots than the person that took the site down that will threaten to physically harm them and harass them into moving away from their home. If you don't believe me, just look at some of the sites and people that SomethingAwful's "Awful Link of the Day" leaves in its wake.

Someone's going to "fkin kill" his mom, too, since her details are listed by Neowin's admin as well. What if someone shares your sentiment and acts upon it? This could be dangerous for her. At best, a nightmare, and at worst, physical harm could come their way.

fine beat him, kill his botnet, something, just get him offline.

BTW imo people that DDoS should be legally covered by any Computer Misuse acts. ie Heavy fines and possible imprisonment

checkin the Neowin MSN board it looks like some good ideas are comin out, better than my fkin kill him one :p

Not again...someone needs to take this kids internet access away....for a long time.

lemme at him
I dont have a licence to kill, I got a learners permit :p

Its a bit pathetic that they cant do anything about it.

And why keep referring to him as a 'kid' ? He clearly isn't. He must be quite skilled at what he does and i dont doubt there is a reason behind what he's done....a valid reason perhaps not.

Just all a shame really...neowin had a lot of members and was a good site.

Being an affiliate...dont be surprised if he heads this way. Is there some precautions you can take?

Originally posted by Geffy
lemme at him
I dont have a licence to kill, I got a learners permit :p

thanks for my laugh of the day Geffy. its a damn shame tho, it was a good site with good people.

At least they had the decency to wreck the lives of his mother and himself, along with a friend of his. Way to go Neowin... Kill the problem child and his mother. Now you not only will lose your site, but you will also go peniless after his mom sues.

Originally posted by Teddy
Being an affiliate...dont be surprised if he heads this way. Is there some precautions you can take?

I would be surprised. The reason kidd0 had a beef against Neowin was because they stole material from other sites. NTFS.org doesn't do that. Attacking those close to their enemies seems to be a habit of Neowin, not kidd0.

From Kiddo's site http://kidd0.com/ :

"Hello everyone, this message is in response to the stupid attacks that brought down Neowin and Guardster. The attacks were not done by me, they were by my bots but wee executed by an oper on the botnet IRC. I knew he would do it and I told Remdak that I am going to tell that person to do what they want to Neowin and that I will not protect Neowin anymore.

I was unbanned for saving Neobond's servers under several occasions; all by other people-- not myself.

I was busy today from 7am to 11:30am bicycle riding around to a total of 30 miles, and when I returned home my mom told me that she recieved a few calls from some people who "claimed to know me." You see Neobond, by posting that information, here in the U.S. its called stalking and posting private information publicly.

Hello; idiots?! Techthisout.com doesn't even belong to me, and EVERY single thing in my domain WHOIS is false, do you think I'm stupid? If I was afraid of people coming to "kill me" and "spam me with phone calls" I could easily find an alternative like living with my dad or changing phone numbers. For one Neobond; the address is in fact incorrect, it's my neighbor's address. I had my blog up with the title as my full name, yet you guys still don't know it? Polluk? Pollok? Not me-- get it straight.

I was banned today for telling system32, a member of neowin, that we would discuss non-appropriate fighting via PM to get it solved and Keldyn edited my post saying I threatened system32. Keldyn is the source of this problem, because I wouldn't be mad and my friends and I wouldn't have even said Neowin and DDoS in the same sentence.

Every phone call won't be answered from now on, let it goto voice mail so it will be "logged" and when I goto court (doubtful) it will be played. I will not discuss this matter anywhere else (IM's etc) and I don't recommend spamming my site (mtswitch.net) because you'll just be banned and IP will be logged. I will be out bike riding for a while, be back soon. Feel free to email me @ kidd0@mac.com, any duplicate emails sent will be automatically thrown in junk :)
The attackers won't stop until they think you suffered enough (couple of weeks/months); or Neobond or Voodoo can email me with a propsal of resolution (unban me and get Keldyn to lay off, etc)
I won't be aplogizing, I didn't do it and I personally now think you deserved it.
Have fun.

BTW: I am reading ieXbeta just so you know, so I will add FAQ's to this as well for the Neowhine'ians out there who post there question 400 times ;)

Regards,
Kenny "kidd0" Pollock

It's about time something needs to be done to this kid. He's taken down so many sites in the past few months that it's not funny anymore.

And taking away his internet access isn't going to solve the problem. Do you think a kid who has the resources to control such a large botnet would be stopped if the internet connection to his home was suspended? I mean, c'mon...he could use anyone else's machine and connection to continue what he's doing right now.
Basically, he needs to be severely warned and heavily fined by some higher authorities, and if he has the nerve to do it once more, he should be arrested and imprisoned for cyber-terrorism and misuse.

People have had enough of this guy's nonsense :mad:

people call him a kid cause hes 13

as they are his bots, his property he is responsible for them.

If everything in the WHOIS is wrong then how the hell did people manage to successfully talk to his mum on the phone.

Yeah, i was thinking that too - sounds like a right little B*****D this one. But Geffy, i think your comments are a bit excessive in this case... ;)

I think the problem here is not with a kid who has somehow managed to hold Neowin ransom, but with the ISP's and the Authorities for letting the little S**t get away with it.

Maybe his mom should spank him some more.....

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back