needz me some modem tweaks help

G

GZFirestorm

i have a U.S. Robotics 56k Fax PCI that will not connect at anything faster then 31.2.

now, d@mn!t, i paid over a hundred bucks for the stupid thing (i got my fix from cable modem, but was forced back to the stone age with my recent move to texas so i panicked and paid big bucks for a stupid 56k modem [haha jokes on me]), and i just want it to be able to connect at 56k.

anyone wanna take this one?

thx for your help (again, :D )

about the only thing I can tell you, keep the phone cord away from any power cords as much as possible.

Your phone lines in the house might be old, 31.2 might be all you get:(

Get DSL or cable

awwww nuts. well... luckily i am getting cable modem again in a month.

please, anyone reading this: NEVER GET CABLE MODEM UNLESS YOU PLAN ON KEEPING IT FOREVER. having cable modem and then going back to 56k is a NIGHTMARE

All these modem tweaks are poopoo, none work !

Edited for poopoo. Watch your language please.
X

Originally posted by ZAnwar
All these modem tweaks are *expletive*, none work !

Don't you mean "All these modem tweaks are poopoo, none work!"...??

Or maybe bullpoo ??

;) :)

Sorry, its just when I see somebody asking for modem tweaks. I get proper p****d off !

Its likely your phone line is 'pair-gained'..31.2 is the max speed you will get if thats the case..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back