needing a few IE6 and IE7 checks on my site

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
I've just re-worked a page on my site and could use a few compatibility checks for IE6 and IE7. I use VirtualPC on my Mac but I'm seeing problems in both IE browsers, so I'd appreciate a few more tests.

The page is located here: http://www.digitalifeproductions.com/website.html

If you scroll to the bottom you will see a row of graphics -- clicking each one should display text below the row. It's javascript (Mootools to be exact), which is compatible with all the browsers, so I'm hoping it's only a problem on my VirtualPC for whatever reason.

2 things to check:

1. Does the text appear normally after clicking each graphic?
2. Does any text appear to be cut-off at the bottom? IE is notorious for pushing content down further than it's supposed to go.

All feedback is greatly appreciated (and repped)! :D

Out of curiosity, do you have permission to use the icons at the bottom of the page? :cool:

Site seems to be fine here using ie7.

Cheers :D

Thanks, Saz. I must spread some rep around first... sorry!

I purchased the icon pack. Does it seem shady or something?

On IE7 and Vista the text does not appear quite right. The very first one appears some of it, but not all. The rest don't really seem to work - and the hover text for the images is all the same "carousel_thumb"

Here's a screenshot of Firefox 2.0.0.6 and IE6 side by side. I don't have IE7 since I'm using IE6 to fix my own site at the moment ;p

- The text is screwed up when you click one of the buttons.
- The gliding text seems to be getting pushed down a bit each consecutive button. So when I click on the "Maintenance" button it's much farther down than the "Hosting" button.

Have you tried using /IE7 ? http://dean.edwards.name/IE7/

Attachments

• comparison.jpg
    comparison.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 107
I purchased the icon pack. Does it seem shady or something?

No, I was just curious :D

And don't worry about the rep, I have to spread it around for like 10 people at the moment lol.

On IE7 and Vista the text does not appear quite right. The very first one appears some of it, but not all. The rest don't really seem to work - and the hover text for the images is all the same "carousel_thumb"

I get the same thing. I figured they were place-holders, but I haven't been able to check using FF since I don't have it on my work notebook.

-update-

It appears the web hosting one is fine as it loads with the page, but if you pick another menu and come back it's FUBAR.

IE 7/Vista

Hosting: Fine
Web Store: Fine
Image Gallery: Fine
Audio/Video: Fine
Message Board: Fine
SEO: Fine
Stats: Fine
Maintenance: Fine

However, most of them only loaded fine after I went back and forth between all of them.

OK, thanks for all the feedback guys. What most of you see is the same behavior I'm seeing. I'll have to work on it some more. Thank you very much Microsoft.

IE6 had some no shows or half lines a few times but when I clicked the links again the text came up fine.

I closed the IE window, reopened it and got the same results. Initial clicks did not work every time but after a few the text came up consistently.

The latest firefox was good every time I clicked an ICON. :)

So strange that it's not even consistent. Thanks for checking, LeeJend. :)

Alright, I believe the bug has been squashed! It should behave correctly now and I've customized the alt tags for the images as well.

Don't know if it's my laptop screen (1280x800 Intel 945 chipset) or what but the bold face font on the maintenance selection text comes up really grainy in IE 6. Under firefox it looks fine, and when I cut and paste it into word it looks fine.

The text is coming up first time and every time now.

Don't know if it's my laptop screen (1280x800 Intel 945 chipset) or what but the bold face font on the maintenance selection text comes up really grainy in IE 6. Under firefox it looks fine, and when I cut and paste it into word it looks fine.

The text is coming up first time and every time now.
Same problem here IE7 Vista Ultimate.
Opera ok.

Thanks guys. LeeJend, I see the same thing with the font under IE. It's Lucida Grande so I have no idea why it's like that. I'll look into it. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back