need your help with 6.1 speakers

X

XP Abuser

ok you might have heard i got an audigy 2 and set of inspire 6.1 6700 speakers my problem is since day one i have had this thump from the sub it is bloody annoying has anyone else got same hardware as me or experienced same problem as its one of them things that make you pull you hair out over:mad:

well im kinda short on pci slots.:( only have 3 slots and 2 holes) damn

mbunny told me when I was having tweeting noises out of my back right speaker that the best place for a sound card is in the final (bottom) pci slot on the mobo). Since I took my PC apart, cleaned it all and rebuilt it (putting the sound card in the bottom pci slot), I've heard no tweeting noises at all.

Might be worth trying if you're not already??

bottom slot shares with USB, and creative cards hate to be shared in 1 IRQ.

if your short on slots i suggest removing a card and trying that slot to see if it helps, a little creative swopping should help you out.

yeh ill try that cuz also i had onboard sound and got a bt voyager modem which was interefering with it making crackling noises. if not ill get a new mobo :) ahhh what you can do with a lot of dosh

I've had a problem with that sound card and speakers
too. First it was 3 fast ticks that came like pa pa pa.
But now it got worse, the subwoofer or some other part
makes a hard bang every now and then. After updating drivers
it got less loud, but still the same...

ok on the back of your sub there is a bass knob turn it down :p when its up to high u will hear thump sound. not a boom rumbly sound like good bass but a distored thump noise.

na krux ive tried everything and still does it yngwie ii described the problem exactly it crackles then 3 or 4 thumps through the sub its pissing me off proper what shal i do???:(

do you have a cell phone? or anything like that around your computer? if so turn them off or move them to another room my cell fone freaks my speakers out like your describing. If thats not it take them back they may be faulty since u say its been doing it since day one.

ok kruz i found something very interesting indeed on creative site they list absolutely loads of dissatisifed customers with the 6.1 inspire speakers it sounds as if this is a design fault...

i looked on the tech support page and to return the product you need original packaging (havent got), documentation, and proof of purchase have got) so does that mean i cant RMA it or what

i am thoroughly pissed off and to think i was just about to buy a new mobo

well krux need your advice on this one. what shall i do:mad:

<edit> and the *******s want me to pay shipping im wondering if this is worth it.

Yo XP abuser, looks like we both got a big problem on our hands.
I can't return it either, since i don't have any packaging any more either. Looks like we are both ****ed. hmmm i can't give
you much advice, since i need advice too. Just know clearly
if you don't already (i think you do) that it's not AT ALL the
motherboard.

no m8 loads of people are having problems with it. and im pretty sure its a spike of power going to the speakers so once i get back from work im goin to do a bit of "void warranty2 **** on them wish me luck if i figure it out ill help you fix them. cuz this is a very annoying problem

ok i think the problem is ESD and it causes a spike on the amp causing the thumping noises :) but also when i unplug them with power on it makes the same thump sound which is causing me to believe theres a dry joint or weak connection in there. im still working on it ill post any info i find
:cool:

thx for your effort m8, keep me informed.
I definitely agree, it's annoying as ****.

write creative and say look here is my problem I bought these speakers I no longer have the box(s) for them I have proof of purchase I need to know if you can send me an empty box so I can take them back. if they say no or something look for a support number on there site and get a live person on the phone explain your problem and if they say no tell them u want to speak with there supervisor then tell them the story. whatever u do don't let them just shaft u on it because u don't have a box. raise hell if u have to just don't submit to buying muffed speakers, that isn't acceptible.

ok all. today i talked to a tech d00d on their webchat thing
he said that theyll send out another sub (so you have two) and i said do i have to pay anything he said no you dont have to return the old sub. (dont know if thats the same reply ill get from customer support) but it sounds promising. he said phone up customer support tell them your problem, theyll arrange for you to email the invoice or reciept (to prove you still have a valid warranty) then they send out new sub and everyones happy.
which i think is quite sweet. no hassle.

yngwie_ii how old are your speakers has the warranty run out on them cuz thatll be the best solution same as i explained.

yeh krux im going all the way on this and i aint spending a penny:cool:

Well XP Abuser,
I'm living in the netherlands antilles. About
9000 kilometers away from where i bought them...
So what do i do my warranty is still good but do i call the shop in holland, or call creative in america or europe. It seems to me that i'm pretty much ****ed since i can't return it to the shop (i think) and i don't think creative america is gonna send a new sub to where i live, they might not even know the existence of this place :D

**** this man they want me to fone up tech support to arrange the **** which is an international number. and as i said i aint spending **** all on these speakers. so now im gonna take em to bits and sort this out. wish me luck.:happy:

ok that ideas gone out the window they are sealed .damnit:mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back