Need Web Design/Dev Software - Recommendations?

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
I am in the market for web design/development software. muzikool keeps bragging about the application he uses on his Mac.

He even brags that his software allows him to power his blog (make the changes and upload via FTP).

I keep looking at Studio 8, but I wanted to see if anyone had any different recommendations and pro's/con's to those.

Thank you.

I don't know what much else say but Studio 8, it is the most simplistic set of programs you can get for this area, but the easiest to learn. Even if you can't learn it on your own, there are millions of tutorials for each program alone.

I will have to say you need to get Studio 8, it's what I use.

Does it have built-in blogging software like Muz keeps bragging about?

I have not yet discovered it, so I assume not. I still don't see compared to the quality of all the software, where that one blogging thing matters much. You can get good enough separate programs for that.

Sheesh, this thread makes me sound like a jerk! :p

Sry, don't mean anything bad towards you.

Such as, I don't know of any good blog programs. I don't use them.

But for a amazing set of programs, to do all design work. Studio 8 is amazing.

notepad.exe, a descent server with databases, a couple of books, and a graphics utility.
hehe

thats 'on the cheap'

I currently use Notepad and Photoshop CS2. I wanted to make my life easier.

going from that to studio 8, will for sure make your life easier...some designers say it makes it too easy, and makes u less of one....but I think it has to do with more organized and speeded up process.

Would you mind posting some screenshots of Dreamweaver in action? Have you heard rumors of a new version released by Adobe? Honestly, I don't want Fireworks (last time I installed that application it hijacked my file associations without asking), I like Photoshop too much.

Does it support XHTML, XML, etc.? Offer easy support for creating such pages?

Last edited:
I would also push for Dreamweaver

Don't know why someone is so hyped about blogging when they have only updated 3 times in the past 3 months :D

It's so difficult to update it in its current state. So shut up!

I don't have time for screenshots right now, but yes it supports xhtml, and all those goodies. I have not heard any rumors, 8.0 is the latest version for there software. I myself did not mind fireworks taking file types, but I'm sure you can change it.

i love using dreamweaver for web design, caters for the novice right upto the expert :D

Can you take screenshots of it in action? I haven't used it since version 2002.

I saw that, but still wanted to get feedback. Thank you Derek.

Here is a small preview, pretty much just showing what is on the main page... there are too many things and ways of doing things to show in a screenshot..

Last edited by a moderator:
Did DW create the shadowing affects and everything for you?

btw, thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back