Need Video Driver for IBM ThinkPad

Engineer

OSNN Addict
I have an old IBM ThinkPad (Type 2626-50U) in which I have developed a problem. The video display is centered on the monitor screen with a black border around it. The Display Properties where I would normally change this setting is only giving me one option (16 colors) and one resolution.

I assuming that this is a problem with my video driver, which I think is a neomagic driver, since I just recently reformatted and did not have this display problem before (bought the lap top used).

Where can I get an updated drived for this PC?
Any other suggestions on a fix?

If I have posted in the wrong section, my apologies.

Thanks
Engineer

That doesn't show up as a valid model number on the IBM support site. Any other guesses on model?

http://www-306.ibm.com/pc/support/s.../downloadsDriversLandingPage.vm&validate=true

Ok family number is 390.

Almost there... What operating system are you running? XP, 2000 ,98, ME, etc?

http://www-306.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=DSHY-45XN9C

Here is link to all drivers for the 390 series thinkpads. It does not show XP support so you would use 2000 driver, but the 2000 Driver says it is built in.

I guess if it were easy you wouldn't have asked for help...

you can press Fn+F8 to stretch the screen, although that will probably look really bad.

Now the opposite problem

I downloaded the drivers, Thanks, guys! and now though the situation is better, I've got the opposite problem. The Screen is too big! Meaning that, I have to scroll to get from one end of the screen to the other. I've played with different display settings but nothing works.

Oh well, Don't know what to do next, other than take it in and let a professional fix it and charge me money for it. In which the bad part will be him telling me how he fixed it and me thinking "Why the F**K didn't I think of that!"

Engineer

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back