Need video card advice

• Thread starter sabwafare2001
  • Start date
S

sabwafare2001

These are some cards that I was thinking about getting and that are in my price range($120 and below) and have goods drives with WinXP. I prefer cards with tv-out also. Which card would you suggest. These are the cards:

ATI Radeon 8500LE
ATI Radeon 9000 Pro
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 460 (64MB)
ATI Radeon 9000 64mb or 128mbnot pro
Geforce4 MX440
GeForce3 Ti 500
GeForce4 MX 420
GEFORCE3

Id choose either the Geforce3 Ti500, its the best value for money right now, and compared to the other cards you've listed.

Or go for the ATI Radeon9000 128 version.

Hope this helps

Stuy_b

NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 460 (64MB) is good value
GeForce3 Ti 500 - A little dated now - but almost equal to the MX
ATI Radeon 9000 Pro - Good card - but Nvidia have the edge and are easier to intigrate
I'm not really up to scratch with all the cards - but you should try to get a card in the mid to high range, but don't bother with the Top of the line cards with all the bells & wissles(and price to go with them) - allot depends on what u want out of them.
All of the new cards will work really well on a 1Ghz + system.

I think that Nvidias MX series are excellent value and are more than good enough for any game.
:)

go with the ge3 ti 500 best card u listed

g4 mx is the CRAPPIEST VALUE went thru two mx cards b4 settling on the ti4400.....never consider the mx line even for value

personally I would say go with the 8500 retail.. not the crappy 8500 LE... its better value than the ti500 because it outperforms it AND it has full directx 8.1 support...

plus prices are dropping...

remember also that the 9000 series is aimed at the g4mx while the 8500 is in direct competition with the ti500...

you SHOULD be able to find the 8500 retail online for around 120-130 dollars at most vendors... for the 64 mb version and around 130 for the 128mb version...

the ti500... also an excellent buy can be had for around 120-130 as well...

your choice basically.. read the reviews at various sites... make sure they are RECENT reviews due to driver updates...

:)

g.luck

Originally posted by sabwafare2001
These are some cards that I was thinking about getting and that are in my price range($120 and below) and have goods drives with WinXP. I prefer cards with tv-out also. Which card would you suggest. These are the cards:

ATI Radeon 8500LE
ATI Radeon 9000 Pro
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 460 (64MB)
ATI Radeon 9000 64mb or 128mbnot pro
Geforce4 MX440
GeForce3 Ti 500
GeForce4 MX 420
GEFORCE3

GF4 MX 440 or 460 ( Leadtek , MSI or Gainward only ! ) :)

Radeon 8500 128MB DDR (retail - "Built by ATI") and make sure it is the newer 8500 with the BGA Ram Chips. Price: Around 180 - 200 US Dollars.

I'd recommend the Geforce 3 TI 500. Without a doubt the best bang/features for buck on your list if your a gamesplayer at heart :)

A GeForce 4 MX should be viewed as a big brother of the previous GeForce 2 MX line of cards. The Geforce 4 MX does contain some features of the higher end Geforce 4 TI's, namely lightspeed memory architecture II and accuview antialisasing.

The GF4 MX cards lack the nfiniteFX II engine, including both pixel and vertex shaders, also only have two pixel pipelines compared to four of the higher end cards. This places the GeForce4 MX on a GeForce 2 level. End result being that this does make it a far less future-proof card.

Also, most if not all new Geforce cards have tv-out. :)

i have the radeon 8500 128mb retail, with the new catalyst 2.2 drivers...

OMG THIS THING KIX AZZ

it puts up mad competition to my friends gf4 ti4600, and i have never had a compatibility problem, except for the gta3 glitch they fixt the day the game came out =]

Go for the ATI 8500 128 MB. It beats the hell out off the TI500.
Don't go for the ATI 8500LE tho' it's crap. LE is(low expectation or worse less excitement )

Originally posted by catch23

only sometimes... ;o)

define sometimes....b/c my friend had a ti500 for a bit(ti4600 now...dirty b45t4rd...and, well...frankly it was rather lame

anywayz....
my radeon is happily running @ 301.25 core and engine speed, so
EAT ME WITH YOUR TI...lol

I have to agree with Kw4ntuM...the Radeon 8500 128mb rocks. I am using the newest Catalyst drivers as well, and I have no complaints about this card. You can't go wrong for the price either!:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back