need to reboot to reconnect to the internet

J

jcat

it does some times reconnect but it don't let me receive any data, this is dialup btw

anyone else having this problem or know a solution.

i've uninstalled zone alarm, but it still does it, help, please somone

thanx

:D :D

John

hmmm this is a fix that works for broadband at times, but test it to see if maybe it'll work for you...next time you have the problem and you aren't getting any data when you reconnect...goto start-run and type in cmd.exe....at the command prompt type in ipconfig /release, then when it is done type in ipconfig /renew

only thing I can think of :p

I don't think it'll work. Where does the problem occur? Before dialing, during handshake or after?

I'd say get a new modem driver anyway. Or just remove and reinstall the driver if it has worked in XP before.

I had the same problem, but for me it was fine once I stopped using Zonealarm Pro and stopped it from starting up with Windows. Had no problems since, running Tiny Personal Firewall now...

ooops yeah, sorry i forgot about this threat,

yes the problem was defenitly zone alarm.

i am now using norton internet security with no such problems

:)

John

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back