Need to Create Start Menu Seperators

V

Volred

Here is a picture of my start menu.
Start-Menu.gif

How would I be able to put a sperator in there to visually seperate different programs?

I have seen other programs do this before, but I never found out how.

I would imagine that a special command when creating a shortcut might do it. But I am grasping at straws.

Any ideas?

hmm, I would like to create seperators too, without using a third party app.

Here is a picture of windows doing it.

Line.gif

Anyone have any idea's on how I can create the same thing?

I know windows does it, but i don't think i've ever seen anything (thrid party app, or reg hack) do it. I hope it can be done, cause i would like it, but i don't think so

You could try this, it works for pinned items, and will work with

XP Pro
XP Home
XP Tablet
& XP Media

In XP, I like to disable including recent items on my start menu, and instead pinning all my most-used programs. But I have alot, and it can get confusing rather quickly, but I found a way to include seperators to organize my data on the start menu.

The first thing to do is create a new shortcut on the desktop. Select any file for the target, and under the name of the shortcut, use the trick to add a blank space for the filename (ALT+0160 on the keypad -- making sure NUMLOCK is on). Then click finish.

Next right click the file and choose properties -- change icon. You should automatically be browsing the windows\system32\shell32.dll folder. About 1/4 down the list, choose one of the blank icons (or another icon you may want to use). Then click OK. You can also remove the target. You now have a completely blank icon on the desktop.

Now just drag the blank icon to the XP start menu and you now have a seperator.

Taken from TweakXP.com .

Hope this is what you're after. :)

Works ok, I think instead of a blank name, putting in character (Alt-2500) which is a line, works a bit better

how does that look?.. any one take a screen shot? Im guessing it would have abit of a gap between the line?

This is what it looks like, thre is a bit of a gap yeah

attachment.php

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back