Need suggestions for desktop...

Camasii

OSNN Junior Addict
Hey...

I've been working on my desktop for a while now and I've run out of stuff to do and still have a space I'd like to fill left.

Look in the upper left hand corner, under the y'z dock and above the coolmon stuff. See that space? I want to fill it with something. any ideas?

Thanks guys, here's the pic

http://camasii.sykopathicrealm.com/Dtop.JPG

hey Camasii,

What script did you use for your TV Listings and Local Wheather?

Why dont you put up your favourite search engine up on your desktop for easier and quicker to get to.. for example google search

Heres what i used for Google Search:

---- Start Stript -------

<html>
<head>
<title>Active Desktop: Google Search</title>
</head>

<form action="http://www.google.com/search" name="f" target="_new">
<input type="hidden" name="hl" value="en">
<input type="hidden" name="ie" value="ISO-8859-1">

Google Search<br>
<input type="text" name="q" maxlength="256" size="55" value=""><br>
<input type="submit" name="btnG" value="Search">
<input type="reset" name="btnI" value="Reset ">

</form>

</body>
</html>

---- End Script ------

Hope this helps you.. and i would be greatful for what script you used for your TV Listing and Weather :)

Sincerly Alex :cool:

I don't really use any active desktop stuff. the local weather and tv listings are all coolmon. See the stars next to them? For the TV script that cycles from Now, Now + 30 minutes, and Now + 90 minutes. Also the stars on the weather script cycle from tonight\today, tommorow, and the day after.

:) nifty huh?

also I don't really have any use for a search engine.. I don't search much :)

And what script did you use for your Computer information??? :huh:

I didnt think that was possible for Active Desktop :eek:

And your calendar looks different to mine, could u post the script you used for that too?

Thank you in advance..

:rolleyes:

Sincerly Alex:cool:

P.S I only noticed the system info and the calendar after i posted the other message :p

oh.. lol that explains alot then.. :)..

i was considering on getting Coolmon but i think i might wait for the new Samurize to be released to see how good that is.. if thats not very good, then ill get coolmon :D

Nice Desktop By the way dude :)

And Welcome to NTFS.org :)

Thanks... we should really stop posting at the same time :)

Ill do a search for Rainlender now

Funny enough, i dont use my google search on my desktop. It just put it there for display :D

Im installing Rainlender now :happy:

lol yea, is there any way inwhich you can make the rainlender bigger in size?

after time with fiddling around with the configuration of the rainlender, i have been able to make the size abit bigger in surface area wise. Ive been able to seperate the numbers much more now than what they used to be.. and to make it seem even more kool, i have put the name of the month in spanish writing.. im sure ill get the hang of that soon enough :p

So to serperate the number further apart.. right click on the rainlender, and scroll to skins > edit current skin, then Skin Config should come up.. then on the Days tab, underneath the ticked box of 'Enable Days', the two boxes which state 'W:' and 'H:', just fiddle around with different numbers, i got mine on:

W:180 H:150

You can mess around with all the other config stuff here too :D

Just thought id let you know :D

Considering its 2:40am.. i think ill go to bed now, goodnight

Heres what i managed to create with my Rainlender by fiddling around with the Skin Config :D

Rainlender.JPG

:cool:

Cool! I didn't know you could do that with rainlendar (never spent the time to figure it out)

Anyway, got anymore suggestions for that empty spot? I'd love one of thoes quicknotes things but I dun know how to make one and the one I made in the active desktop tutorial looked crappyrific, maybe I did somethin wrong :)

Thanx Camasii and Budking.. i thought it looked kool too.. works perfectly with my wallpaper.. aka blackish :p

I would like to have QuickNotes too for my active Desktop...

Any ideas anyone to help me and Camasii?:huh:

Thank you for your help and time

:happy:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back