need suggestion to sell system

B

Brando457

Hi I'm going to be selling my system to a person who is heading off to college and I'm not sure how much to charge them.

System Specs are:

[OS] Windows XP Professional Sp1
[HD] 20 gig Maxtor 7200 rpm HD
[GFX} Ati Radeon 7500 or 7000 unsure of gfx card
[MOBO] Soyo Ultra Platinum DDR Kt-333
[CPU] AMD XP 1700+
[CD BURNER] TDK 24x cd burner
[DVD ROM[ HP DVD ROM
[CASE} Antec Soho File Server
[PSU] 430+ Truepower came with case
[HSF] Volcano 9

I'm not including a mouse, keyboard, speakers, or monitor as I believe they should choose them.

I'm giving them full support, anything goes wrong I'll fix it no charge.

Originally posted by Brando457
Hi I'm going to be selling my system to a person who is heading off to college and I'm not sure how much to charge them.

System Specs are:

[OS] Windows XP Professional Sp1
[HD] 20 gig Maxtor 7200 rpm HD
[GFX} Ati Radeon 7500 or 7000 unsure of gfx card
[MOBO] Soyo Ultra Platinum DDR Kt-333
[CPU] AMD XP 1700+
[CD BURNER] TDK 24x cd burner
[DVD ROM[ HP DVD ROM
[CASE} Antec Soho File Server
[PSU] 430+ Truepower came with case
[HSF] Volcano 9

I'm not including a mouse, keyboard, speakers, or monitor as I believe they should choose them.

I'm giving them full support, anything goes wrong I'll fix it no charge.

put out around 400 bucks since you are incl psu and win xp... :)

$300 maybe? ... Dell sells complete systems with Pentium 4s and a GeForce 4 MX for $500. I wouldn't expect to get much.

Originally posted by Eck
$300 maybe? ... Dell sells complete systems with Pentium 4s and a GeForce 4 MX for $500. I wouldn't expect to get much.

yah but dell has a lesser psu and their rigs are not as expandable...

call it between 300-400 and ask for best offer... stick a price out that you think is fair judging from online prices and factoring depreciation..

take pity on the student dont charge them too much

yes I too am a student :p

hahaa

the students parents are paying for it n' they are loadeeed i decided ill tell them 400 $ it seems fair to me.....

If they ask you to itemize it:

130 [OS] Windows XP Professional Sp1
20 [HD] 20 gig Maxtor 7200 rpm HD
60 [GFX} Ati Radeon 7500 or 7000 unsure of gfx card
100 [MOBO] Soyo Ultra Platinum DDR Kt-333
60 [CPU] AMD XP 1700+
25 [CD BURNER] TDK 24x cd burner
25 [DVD ROM[ HP DVD ROM
30 [CASE} Antec Soho File Server
100 [PSU] 430+ Truepower came with case
20 [HSF] Volcano 9
50 Ram ???
620 Total

You're cutting them a $220 break.

PS Anyone stupid enough to buy a Dell should buy a jar of vaseline with it. YOU WILL NEED IT! All my friends and relatives have had nothing but trouble with compatibility, upgrades, failures, etc. Buy a Packard Bell before you buy Dell.

Don't start the Dell bashing, there have already been threads like that. I had a Dell for 3 years... not a single problem. And I could upgrade anything... lets see, what did I upgrade? I added another stick of RAM, new video card, new soundcard, new CD burner, new harddrive, and went from 98 to Windows XP. Doesn't seem to have trouble upgrading to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back