Need source code for .exe

Firstmate

OSNN Junior Addict
I don't know how to find the source code for an .exe file. Any help would be great

if you do not have it and it is not open source you will not get it...

you can disassemble it - but I would not recommend it since it was likely coded in a language higher than assembly level.

VB.NET, for example, is easy to decompile if the compiled project isn't obfuscated.. so if its a .NET exe, good luck. :D

You can usually edit it if you have a scripting tool such as Installshield or WISE Package Studio - but some files are protected and not even those would work in such a case.

Eh? WTF? How will those help if he wants the source code for an exe file, which can be written in:

C#, C++, C, and a multitude of other languages, can be packed with a packer, can be obfuscated, and a multitude of other things.

What you are suggesting is that he can maybe grab files from the installers themselves?

What I'm saying is some .exe files can be edited with the tools I mentioned. The files being protected or in other languages would make that not always possible though.

What I'm saying is some .exe files can be edited with the tools I mentioned. The files being protected or in other languages would make that not always possible though.

Those EXE files would be installers. No other EXE files/programs would be able to be manipulated using those tools that you suggested.

Those EXE files would be installers. No other EXE files/programs would be able to be manipulated using those tools that you suggested.
Tell you the truth, the file is a simple program. It is meant to hack a game (when you open the program it isn't all that fancy), but I am a mod on the game and we need to know how he hacked, like did he bypass the anti-cheat system...etc.

Tell you the truth, the file is a simple program. It is meant to hack a game (when you open the program it isn't all that fancy), but I am a mod on the game and we need to know how he hacked, like did he bypass the anti-cheat system...etc.

Hacks for games. Interesting. You would need to reverse engineer it, which is a very complicated process. Hacks for games are extremely complicated and most likely will be VERY hard to reverse engineer. I am speaking from experience here.

What game/hack is it?

Hacks for games. Interesting. You would need to reverse engineer it, which is a very complicated process. Hacks for games are extremely complicated and most likely will be VERY hard to reverse engineer. I am speaking from experience here.

What game/hack is it?
Hmm well Ill pm you since were trying to keep the hack down low. Te game site is www.pawngame.com/play.php I can pm a temporary account if you dont want to register.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back