Need someone who knows regedit...

R

robin.munro

I have managed to find an update for my CR-RW, however it fails every time saying that the auto-insert is still on.

The tweaks section told me to download TweakIU and disable it there but it still complains.....

Is there a registry setting anyone knows about that I can alter?

Thank, it would be a great help!

Found this

Is this what you are after:

"Turn Off Autoplay For CDs

Click Start , click Run , type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
Locate and click the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom
-To disable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 0 (zero).
-To enable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 1.
Restart your computer.
(NOTE : This method disables automatically running CD-ROMs.
If you want to disable automatically running CD-ROMs depending on the CD-ROM that you insert in the CD-ROM drive, you can press and hold down one of the SHIFT key while you insert the CD-ROM."

Thanks...

I think it was lying to me! Went into safe mode and it fixed it's self straight away....

Way-hey my CD-burner works again!:D

Gonna store your reply though just incase I need to remember again!

:)

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back