need some help with coding....

daraptor

OSNN Junior Addict
hey guyz,
am tryin to build a site...am having some problems.....what am tryin to do is..am tryin to build a travel search site....i have got this airport codes in a access file....and the table names are....code,airport name,state,country.....
what is the exact SQL query to call a airport code by searching the code so that all name,state and country appear.....and also after i get the results ....how do i populate the parent window using the child window.....i hope someone will help me with this....plz guyz.....thanx for the help......

you need to be specific on columns and if this is an access file I would seriously consider switching to SQL server... basically you need to join your tables on the code, probably in a view - then you can use SQL like

select name, state, country from airports_view where code = yourvalue

As for the parent and child windows - you'll need someone else to help you there...

If I may also suggest using something besides Access as your backed database.

mySQL on the cheap end or any number of other commercial products besides Access.

Depends what he's working with, if he's using ASP or ASP.NET then Access is typically the better choice. An alternative is MSSQL Express which I believe is free. This gives you a proper if cut down SQL server to interface with.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back