Need some help with an upgrade.

Sinster

OSNN Senior Addict
I upgraded a "work" computer to Vista Business. There were two accounts on the XP "User" & "Administrator". The Vista only shows "User".. However the "Administrator" account is the one that was used. I need to know how if possible to recover everything from the Administrator account such as all the documents. I do have back up of the Administrator.. I'm looking for the quicker fix ;)

Not sure about Business but on Ultimate the administrator account is disabled by default. You need to go into Local Security Policy (secpol.msc) and enable administrator.

If you have an account that is part of the administrator's group you should be able to find your folder and transfer your files. But if not then right click my computer icon , manage and go to the user and groups and enable the account as AZ said.

Man if you guys lived locally. I would have to buy you a Guinness...

Oh, I want a Half & Half. [/ot]

Define locally?

I'm merely a free plane ticket away :cool:

;)

Why not.

Btw, since I am not drinking anything but wine/champagne anymore (and that too, not for a few months from now), I think the savings on the cost of a beer can be applied to the plane ticket to bump me up to first class :cool:

;)

Why not.

Btw, since I am not drinking anything but wine/champagne anymore (and that too, not for a few months from now), I think the savings on the cost of a beer can be applied to the plane ticket to bump me up to first class :cool:
Im glad you've got 800 buckeroos for the upgrade :)
I've got 1 million miles lol.
Should get me a few first class seats :)

;)

Why not.

Btw, since I am not drinking anything but wine/champagne anymore
To many drunken nights on 6th street? Be glad you don't live in MA they don't have a happy hour or cheap beer..

To many drunken nights on 6th street? Be glad you don't live in MA they don't have a happy hour or cheap beer..
There aint nothing cheap in MA
Stupid Democrats :p
hehehhe

I'm from MA - give me some beer!!!

Vanquished you can't even drink yet, you are only 10. You don't belong in this conversation :eek:

I have nothing to do with your discussion and understand nothing about Vista but I could use a beer too... can you deliver one to Buenos Aires, Argentina? :)
I am new on this forum and find it amazing that you are all so nice and helpful to each other. Cheers for that!

I have nothing to do with your discussion and understand nothing about Vista but I could use a beer too... can you deliver one to Buenos Aires, Argentina? :)
I am new on this forum and find it amazing that you are all so nice and helpful to each other. Cheers for that!

Hey feray, welcome to the forum :smoker:

Pfft, except when the majority of my posts like this one get erased, thats not very nice :p

Pfft, except when the majority of my posts like this one get erased, thats not very nice :p

Stop it, just stop it! *squirts water bottle at vanquished*

You used up your "useless posts" allowance a long long time ago. Now anyways, about this free beer. Whats a ticket across the country cost these days? 400 - 500 bucks? :p

Stop it, just stop it! *squirts water bottle at vanquished*

You used up your "useless posts" allowance a long long time ago. Now anyways, about this free beer. Whats a ticket across the country cost these days? 400 - 500 bucks? :p
Yeah, if you schedule it 3 months in advance :p

We've had our fun now please get back on topic. Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back