Need some help with a Gigabyte Mobo

Goatman

Ska Daddy
I am trying to get a Gigabyte GA-7VAXP to run... It ran find, but it had a cooling problem. so I took off the HSF, cleaned it up, applied some ASII and put it back on, but then, it wouldn't boot at all. So I thought maybe the CPU was fried, so I took a CPU that I knew worked, and installed it with the HSF it came with... it still did nothing, not beeps, no nothing. I know the second CPU and HSF are fine because it's the one I'm typing on right now!! I can't even figure out how to reset this things BIOS, any help would be appreciated.

Well; first of all; a BIOS might not turn on at all; if the RAM is faulty; I know, because that happened to me.

Try switching the RAM.

You mentioned it had a cooling problem. May I ask what kind?
Possibly it overheated and died? :p

As to resetting your BIOS; there should be a small battery on the board; take it out carefully; and leave it out for 20 minutes or so; that should do it. Maybe then it will work. I think you should do that first, even though it's at the end of my post :)

The person who built it put ASII over top of a thermal pad, so I had to clean off both and re-apply ASII. But I know it's the mobo and not the CPU, cuz I test it with a working CPU and still no go

I agree with Nick. Sounds like bad ram. I had 2puters did the exact same thing, no beeps. On a gigabyte board if its a bad cpu it will beep continuously when you turn it on. Also there is probably a jumper on your board to reset the bios but pulling
the battery works good as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back