Need some advise on mobo/chipset/processor...

nothing is wrong with it... it's awesome.

there's just no nforce-type chipset for p4's.

yeah that really sucks....i was looking for it too....but since i'm gonna get a well cooled case i see no problem in the heat an amd processor is producing...

So G-liz; you decided on what you want to get?

euhmmm...don't know about the mobo....but it has to have an Nforce2 chipset....so i'm waiting for that to come out....with that i'm gonna buy a 2400+ and some 2700 memory.....the case is probably gonna be either a standard chieftec midi case, or a modded one from antec or alienware....that one from alienware or tec (forgot the brandname) has three intake, two outtake and a side fan....and a psu

sounds good to me...any other advise??? oh yeah...the first thing i'm gonna buy is a new vidcard..i allready know which one but i just wanted to tell you lol, its a Point Of View GF4 Ti4200XP Turbo, it's standard oc'ed to 300/600 mhz (imagine a Ti4600 has 300/650 mhz), it's not available in the us, so too bad for most of you guys...can only buy it in europe:p, and the price is around and about 240 euro's...that's about equivalent to dollars i guess...

well even if you oc it to standard 4600 clocks it will not perform like it :)

there is a difference in memory clocks and transistor counts... therefore the prices... :)

but yah its a good card... nice performance... but for 240 euros? DANG... you can buy a 4600 for that price over here :)

yeah but this one has not the 4.0 ns memory...but 2.8...

any advise on air coolers? copper/alu, fan/brand/rpm etc

Cooler Master HHC-001

- it's 100% copper (better heat dissipation than aluminum... second only to pure silver)
- has integrated heat pipes (technology used in laptops.. proven to be effective)

i've built 3 comps with it so far... best example is an xp 1700+ that has only one fan in it's case and that's on the heatsink. his power supply exhausts the hot air and his temps never go above 48. the harddrive is the loudest thing in his case. so imagine with a hotter processor like an xp 2400+, you could do the same but with a case fan or 3 and be well off.

the fan that comes with it is a loud 6800rpms, though... so you can find another fan and slap it on or have that fan run at 5 or 7 volts instead of 12. also, a problem with this heatsink is it can be hard to find... it hasn't been on cooler master's website in a long time, but i think it can still be bought at a store over there. might wanna look around for it.

no i think i'll use the default fan....and i don't care about noise....i'm using 5 case fans, plus dual psu fans, so that's 7..... the reason i don't care about noise is that i always play rock music.....loud volume.....so i won't be disturbed by that...and my bed is in another room...so i can sleep with no worries:D thanks for the advise taurus!

so....setup:

Mobo with Nforce2 chipset....
512 pc2700 memory
Athlon 2400+
Coolermaster cooler
and the chieftec case...

g-lizard... if i were you, getting a new athlon xp, i'd definitely opt for the xp 2600+ with the 333mhz fsb. current xp's have 266mhz fsb.

yeah i know but you know i'm not that rich... i'm just like a (almost) 16 year old student who's working at burgerking and i don't have so much money to spend... it's gonna take some time to get the money for this rig....

i see your point... but by the time you do save up money, there's going to be better stuff out there. so maybe you should get your $1000 or whatever saved up first berfore you shop.

yeah i think so too..... i'm happy with what i've got now....only need the new vidcard which i'm getting this month.... then gonna start saving up money....and wait for the nextgen stuff to come out...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back