Need RAM terms explained

scriptasylum

OSNN Senior Addict
Is there a reliable website to go to that will explain the various RAM values like CAS, RAS, etc and how they affect performance?

Yeah, I read the one at Corsair already. There are several other RAM settings that I'd liket o know about. I'll check out the other link too.

Thanks! :)

OK, I think I've got a basic idea of Cas Latency, Mem bank switch time, and time between CAS/RAS access (at least enough to know what to look for other than "lower is better" ), but what about the "1T" or "2T" parameter. I assume it is a timing thing, but what does it mean?

Thanks, you come up with those links about as fast as I can read the articles!

What I am trying to figure out is the best memory configuration/settings for my motherboard (see my sig). I will be purchasing new memory soon: Corsair XMS 2700 or XMS 3000 (for overclocking).

(Don't even say it: I know Crucial is this site's sponsor, but Corsair seems to be the popular choice.)

I want speed obviously, but do not want to sacrifice stability at all. I'd like to use some agressive settings, but not overdoing it to the absolute limit. The motherboard manual doesn't help a bit when it comes to helping you figure out what to set the parameters at, so I'm trying to figure that part out.

Thanks again for the help.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back