Need New Cheapish Mobo

ste_w

OSNN Senior Addict
Hey All

I need a New Motherboard, as The USB and Graphics on my current one dont seem to work.

Basically lookin For

Nforce 2 or 3
AGP 8X
Dual DDR - Supporting 2x 512mb, PC2100 DDR, 184Pin, 266MHz DIMM
USB 2.0
Supports My AMD Athlon Xp Processor

Cheap ones ive found are:
Chaintech 7NJL6 £34
Asustek A7N8X-X SKTA NVNF2ST ATX Motherboard £41
Abit VA-20 £55

Anyone know much about these? Suggestions Would be helpfull,
P.S Live in UK, Wanna Stay around £50 Area

Please Help

Thanx

Ste_W

Someone must have some suggestions, i really gota order 1 today and not sure which 1, well im kinda thinking with goin with the cheap Chaintech one....Cos its cheap lol

Somone help, Please

from your list, i'd probably go for asus. should be more reliable than the others. but to be honest, i'd probably prefer to save the money for a major upgrade (if it's gona take place within 12months).

When i was gona buy the chaintech 1 i was lookin at this 1 aswell, but i think i read something about the Asus one, like it was causin problems? How come u wud go 4 the Asus? im lookin ova it again now.

asus because thats a better board than the others, suppose to be a very good board last time i read about it, or get the board im using thats suppoe to be even better, abit nf7-s rev2.0

I just ordered the Asus one, hope its good, ive checked specs etc n it seems it.

Heard it was good for OC, but not sure if it's that particular model of Asus.

o ok kool, The Chaintech 7njs which is the 1 thats messed up always detected my 1.8 AMD as a 2 Ghz 2400, so i hope this mobo will keep it at 2 rather than drop down to 1.8

ste_w said:
o ok kool, The Chaintech 7njs which is the 1 thats messed up always detected my 1.8 AMD as a 2 Ghz 2400, so i hope this mobo will keep it at 2 rather than drop down to 1.8

Well, not sure if that was an issue with the board itself or not, but just a bit of info... most (if not all) boards have a clock frequency switch as well as the clock multiplier switches located somewhere on the board that you can flip on/off to adjust the cpu speed - which might be the answer to your problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back