need my site checked by a few people please!

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
I've been up late tonight playing with Greybox and integrating it into 26 Unsigned Bands. It seems to be working exactly as I want it to, but I could use some additional testing to put me at ease.

So, if anyone has a minute, please visit 26 Unsigned Bands, select the red letter "E" and then follow the link "View Ethan Durelle's Page." You should get a sort of popup that overlays the main page. Then you should be able to scroll through that page, hear the music and then close it out, returning you to the main site.

So far I've just checked it on my Mac in Safari, Firefox and Camino. It'd be great to have it tested in IE 6 & 7, Firefox (PC) and Opera. I don't expect any problems, but I'd like to be a bit more certain.

Thanks, guys. :)

Looked good on IE6.

looks ok under IE7, everything worked good for me.:)

just for completeness of info..

worked on firefox 2.0.0.3 running under Vista Business x86

IE7 on Vista Business x86 did not play sound.. not 100% sure if it was something I may have disabled in my settings or not and it's 1:30am and i'm too tired to dig into it more right now..

edit: IE7 did not auto play the music.. I had to manually click the play button on the control..

edit2: hrmm... not a bad sounding band. A little generic in my opinion - in the sense that there is not too much to set them apart from other bands in the genre.

BTW muzi - in case I never told you, I like the idea of your site.. good luck with it! :) The only other that would be useful, at least for you, is if you could figure out a way to have some tracking metric to determine if there was a way to track if a user visited your site and then followed through and bought music from one of the bands signed up. It would give you a lot better marketing position if you had some hard evidence of effectiveness.

I also had to click on the control to play the music in IE7. There is something else rather odd that I noticed as well....

When you go to the page, and scroll to the absolute beginning or end, it seems to bounce the page a little. I don't really know how to describe it other than that, but it's not a smooth scroll and stop at the beginning or end. The page kinda bounces, - maybe take a look and see what I mean?

I can try to take a capture video later if it helps, let me know

-edit-

Upon further review and checking out their main site, that appears to be a "feature" of the technology itself - the bouncing that is.

Last edited:
It was a bit slow to load for me. Besides having to play the music myself I had to activate the object (I have code that does this for you).

Thanks for checking, guys. Dang IE as always. ;) I've got this as the code for the player...

Code:
http://www.26unsignedbands.com/mp3s/xspf_player_slim.swf?playlist_url=http://www.26unsignedbands.com/mp3s/EthanDurellePlaylist.xspf&autoplay=true

Why does IE ignore autoplay=true?

Matt, what loaded slow? I haven't experienced any slowness of loading. Has anyone else?

edit2: hrmm... not a bad sounding band. A little generic in my opinion - in the sense that there is not too much to set them apart from other bands in the genre.

BTW muzi - in case I never told you, I like the idea of your site.. good luck with it! :) The only other that would be useful, at least for you, is if you could figure out a way to have some tracking metric to determine if there was a way to track if a user visited your site and then followed through and bought music from one of the bands signed up. It would give you a lot better marketing position if you had some hard evidence of effectiveness.

Thanks for the feedback, Fitz. I think the band is really talented, and they've got some pretty unique stuff in their album. I can see how some of what you sample on the site is a bit more generic -- but it's what they wanted there!

I am tracking stats already, and eventually I'm going to make some of those stats available on the site itself. As for tracking beyond my site, the band will have to track inbound links for their site to see the traffic coming from 26 Unsigned Bands. As for purchases, I suppose they could make it part of the form to ask how the person heard about them. These are things I could recommend to bands, though. Thanks again. :)

Anyone else noticing the bouncy-ness? Or am I off my rocker?

Anyone else noticing the bouncy-ness? Or am I off my rocker?

Yeah, it does the same for me as well. It's an interesting feature -- not sure if I care for it, but I don't guess it bothers me. :)

Regardless, rather neat technology. I may implement it myself :)

The site loads slowly for me, it may be the route my provider chooses to take to get there, but it loads slowly. I like the concept though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back