Need image creating tool (like acronis true image) that works with winxp 64 bit pro

Helmer

Questions R me
Greetings Osnn,

Yesterday I setup my new rig with windows xp 64 bit pro and I need to be able to create a mirror of my HD.

My version of Acronis Trueimage doesn't work with the 64 bit edition of XP.

Anyone know of an application that does work?

Thanks!

Re: Need image creating tool (like acronis true image) that works with winxp 64 bit p

version i have works with vista x64 - try getting an update from the site

Re: Need image creating tool (like acronis true image) that works with winxp 64 bit p

Me too, My Acronis True Image works with x64, whether XP or Vista.

Thanks a lot! I'll go buy a new version then, it was rather old hehe :)

Yes, that's true. Although I'd still prefer Acronis over Vista's. I use vLite to rip that, System Restore, Indexing and some other "features" out of Vista before my installations. Makes Vista faster and less resource-hungry too.

I still sometimes use older versions of Acronis True Image emergency discs, for some of the old computers I work on from time to time. Sometimes the newer versions don't work on some much older hardware, or with less RAM.

What do the Emergency discs do for you? I've been using BartPE for quite some time and thinking about looking for something else.

Acronis' emergency discs, which you can create from Windows once you install the Windows version, let you boot into a Linux-based version of Acronis' utilities that's virtually identical to the Windows version. They boot very quickly.

Acronis TI comes with a BartPE plugin (plus there are ones written by other people for True Image and Disk Director - Acronis' partition manager), and I do create BartPE discs of Acronis TI+Disk Director also, since there are some RAID systems which the linux version doesn't include the capability of recognizing yet.

Acronis' emergency disc-making utility lets you create the emergency discs with both TI + Disk Director on the same disc, if you have them both installed in Windows at the time, which is what I do.

The emergency CD version of TI lets you backup and restore across your home network as well. I don't recall about the home versions of TI, but at least the corporate versions allow to you do that to and from FTP as well, although I never have. Lots of options. Acronis has it's quirks, too, but well worth it.

I switched from Partition Magic to DD several years back after it stopped getting updated and got sold to Symantec. I also had some catastrophes that PM caused due it not being updated to support all modern hardware.

Something else you might be interested in if you didn't already know. Have you heard of VistaPE? I haven't fully utilitized it yet, but it looked very promising.

VistaPE seems interesting, I'll have to check that out.

Rather surprising BartPE hasn't updated since 10/2006.

so if i install true image on vista and make a recovery disc i can image linux drives? and unix ?

You can make Linux drives from Windows with True Image installed, too. The Linux CD is only if you can't boot into Windows in order to run True Image. The Linux version has the same functionality as the Windows version.

I'm sure you can make Unix drives as well. You can make many different formats.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back