Need help with winlogon.exe-bad image

esubstance

OSNN Newbie
Does anyone know how to fix this problem?... i keep getting " the application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\systems32\KBDUS.DLL is not a valid windows image. please check this against your installation diskette." anytime i boot my computer and i can't get pass this screen. any ideas on a resolution to this problem would be greatly appreciated.

thanx 4 d reply. but how do i get this file on my system? right now i cant get pass that error message. if i press enter the whole screen becomes blank.

Download the file to a floppy or burn to a CD from another machine. Boot into safe mode if you have to, copy the file over that way. Else when the screen is blank, hit CTRL + ALT + DEL - which brings up the Task Manager. Under File - go to New Task (Run..) - type explorer.exe

That should launch explorer and let you view the GUI.

I tried rebooting in safe mode but still got the same error. the same message comes up " the application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\systems32\KBDUS.DLL is not a valid windows image. please check this against your installation diskette." i pressed enter twice and it disappears and all am left with is a blank screen. when i press CTRL + ALT + DEL nothing happens. basically i cant get pass that blank screen.

If you have your XP cd, try doing a repair or copying the file from the recovery console.

You can try Safe Mode with Command Prompt - this will load CMD.EXE instead of Explorer.exe

Hit F8 when the computer boots, choose that from the same menu you selected Safe Mode from before. It will say Safe Mode with Command Prompt as a menu option.

i just tried that, comes up with the same screen and error message...still cant get pass that screen and message

Running out of options pretty quickly - if you don't have an XP CD, not sure what else to tell you. Perhaps take the hard drive out, slave it to another machine and copy the file that way.

If you can get there, maybe with a Windows 98 Boot Disk.

Copy the file to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32

hi i'm having very similar error messages on my computer but iv'e managed to find the missing files on a different computer and burn them onto disk i was wondering if someone could tell me how i can copy them from the disk to where they are needed ??? please help

Create a BartPE CD then boot from that. Once booted into the Bart GUI you can use the file management utility to copy the file from floppy to wherever you need to copy it to.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back