Need Help with windows explorer

R

raw

Wernt too sure witch forum to post this in but here goes anyway. Everytime i try to access a certain file on a seperate hard drive to my windows xp installation, i get an error message saying in brief
"Windows explorer has encountered a problem .... Please tell Microsoft about this problem .. send report" this file is where all my downloads goto when downloading, i can still use the file after the error has appeared but as soon as i leave the file and then enter it again i get the same problem.
Thanks

what file is it? I'm wondering if it didn't download properly...

What's the name of the file & what type of file is it? What happens if you move it to another folder?

Sorry not a file a folder, but i have kinda solved the problem now i copied everything out of the folder and pasted it into a new one but i cant delete the old folder and one file inside the folder.

Open a command prompt. Navigate to the offending folder. Open task manager\processes. Kill explorer.exe. Leave task manager open. Use the command to delete the folder. The command is 'rd'.
It will look something like this> C:\Progra~1\rd offending folder
Hit enter, folder gone. In task manager go to applications\new task. Type explorer.exe, Ok. All is done.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back