Need help with USB game controller

W

Wakalaka

i got a gravis gamepad pro (USB) and for some dumb reason everytime my comp goes on stand-by it wont work. I have to restart my computer to get it to work. I even tried unplugging it and plugging it back in (that used to work). Is there a way i can just pick it up and use it every time flawlessly? Please help.

Perhaps new drivers from Gravis.com work? I used to have the same problem with the 'old' gameport version of that gamepad and since then it runs smoothly (until my gamepad stopped working :().

tried that i have all the updated drivers.

its connected to a USB HUB but everything else on the hub doesnt go on standby. LIke my zip drive but sometimes my printer does the same thing. it too is connected to the hub

I think I know the cause of your problem. Is your USB-hub self-powered (with a powercable) or non-powered (with only a USB-cable to your PC)? If the last option applies, then you might have a tiny 'power-failure' with your hub, since each device has to share the power give to the devices, especially the ones that don't have a separate powercord. A self-powered hub also shares the power to each of the devices, but it can share more power, since it draws it's power directly from your wall-plug and not only from your computer, which has only a limited amount of power to share to a USB-port.

Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back