Need Help With Temps/cool

it's ok.... i mean thermaltake 9 and the thermal grease is good enuf to decrease the temp..... :)

It doesn't sound like you bought an official AMD retail package. Those coolers (which also have the serial number used for warrantee on it) have a thermal pad, which is what AMD recommends (nowhere in AMD's literature do they talk of paste/grease of any sort).

You should read AMD's white papers on cooling, very informative and dispells many rumours on fan placement.

Proper airflow through the case is very important. If you notice many high end computer makers use $15 Coolermaster HSFans.
http://www.grnetwork.com/alienware/aurora_ddr/alienware_aurora_ddr.html

A good way to check for overheating problems is to open the case and have a desk/house fan blowing into it while running intensive apps.

true... a basic way to check the temp... sory i din mention...... :)

well isnt arctic 3 grease better than the pads?
i know how to apply the grease.

btw i had the stock 6cfm 30mm hsf that came free with the bundle. i was installing xp and it froze. i rebooted and the temp check was at 65C. So i just shut it down and quickly ordered a volcano 9.

Hey plas, I wasn't saying that the pads or Artic Silver are better or worse. Many people love and swear by Arctic Silver (I use it). I was just noting that AMD does not mention or endorse it. I think it's just a matter of the pre-applied pads being more likely to be installed properly by the general masses.

Best bet would be to read Artic Silvers instructions if you are using their product.
http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_instructions.htm

yah i read this.
this is how i applied grease last time.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back