Need help with simple logo

xtweaker

Tweaking Monkey
I need to make a logo for the following: Rock Solid Support

If you make a symbolic logo, it has to be as simple as possible. It's a tech support crew offering home services. (like the Geek Squad), so nothing too big (has to fit on small stickers and business cards)

A logo with just the acronym (RSS) would be perfect.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm brainstorming too... This is non-lucrative, I'm doing this for fun.

I've tried several fonts from www.fontfreak.com but I can't seem to find one that really looks like rock and I can't draw that well...

I was thinking of something like RSS in big 3D block letters, with a stone texture or something like that. Thing is that it must not look too "oldish" since it's for a tech support crew, and it can't be too high-tech looking either because it goes against the name. Not easy...

Anyway, if anyone wants to try somethnig quick, I'd appreciate. Thanks!

you could just have a rock pattern behind with the words RSS embezzled into the rock surface

perhaps

R S S
Rock Solid Support

I am wondering what size would be needed, I will try come up with something myself.

Lee said:
I am wondering what size would be needed, I will try come up with something myself.

Thanks man. Like I said, something that can fit on a sticker (the kind you put on a PC case)...

Let's just make one large square one, and I can resize it.

The carved stone idea is interesting, I'll play with that too!

I did brick to start off with as stone don't show up that neat.

Attachments

• rss.gif
    rss.gif
    16.8 KB · Views: 186
I like it joyjoy!

Here's what I came up with... what do you think?

Attachments

• rss.gif
    rss.gif
    79.8 KB · Views: 149
^^^^Seems good^^^^

Not an arty person myself, leave that to my fiance.

lancer said:
i have created a logo, but how do i attach it without a website, its just on my local drive.

Click on manage attachments and browse for it, then click Upload.

It's at the bottom of the post form.

thanks i never notices that before, but just created an online photo album instead.

Lancer that kicks ass. Retro. We will use it. :)

Tweak, I say we go with yours for the cards. Lee's might work for the stickers.

3436643923232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2346%3D%3A%3B4%3D937%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3C4%3B7%3A777ot1lsi

or this slightly more interesting one.

xtweaker, I think yours is quite good. why don't you go with that one?

x what logos did you use in the end?

I think we wanna use your retro on a website (when and if) - and X's rock design for the cards.

That retro one is my desktop now. Looks a bit odd stretched, but what the hell. ;)

heres a desktop version, or was it the other one you guys where gonna use.

Attachments

• rss desktop 1024x768.jpg
    rss desktop 1024x768.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 159

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back