Need help with Networking a machine with Windows XP and a machine wih MSDOS...

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
Well, this is how the story goes. Our school was going to trash some old computers, but our computer teachers decided that we could use the computers and take parts form them, and make our own computers to keep. I really didnt need it, but I said, hey, it would be a cool to experiment with it...

Anyway, the computer that I built at school has the following specs:

Pentium ? (I dont know what the processor is, howver it was made in 1995)

1250 MB Hardrive

Floppy Drive

NO CD-ROM!

MS-DOS

I want to network the computers so that I can install Windows 95 on to it form my XP machine... since the one at school DOES NOT HAVE A CD-ROM! What steps should I take?

o_87

Thanks in advance!:)

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
ok, but how will get get them, and how will that help me?

can anyone attach a windows 95 or 98 start up disk?

T

Tbird94sc

well do u have a broadband connection or 56k

if broadband u can get them from my ftp. if 56k buy floppy disks, mail them to me and ill copy them and mail them back to you. id much rather the ftp tho

J

johan.f

you can get netboot disks for most adapters from boot.com then just copy your 9x installationfiles to a folder on your xp machine share the folder and use net use commands on your cd-rom ambutated machines like in the autoexec on the bootdisk:

net use drv-letter //| ip-adr on xp-machine |/| sharename |

and then when you have botted the older machine you want to install to. from a:\ you do:

a:\drv-letter ;the driveletter you asign the share in autoexec.

x:\install ; X just to simpplify.

its old style but it works!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut