Need help with Microsoft Flight Sim 98 and joystick controls

Quartersndimes

Complete Genius. . .
I'm new here, but i need a few tips. I am running a Windows Flight sim('98) on a Windows 2k. There is one problem- my joysticks and controller are all registering that i am telling it to pull back. :mad:And my calibrator registers perfect. Help!!:dead:

falconguard

Carbon based lifeform
Political User
Re: Help!

There is a setting that should say invert y-axis, make sure that this is unchecked. Make sure that the game is mapped to the joystick.

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
falcon, i think he means that even when the stick is in a neutral position, the game is still registering a non-neutral movement of the joystick.

Aprox

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
I have had this issue with Joysticks in the past, usually it resulted in buying a new joystick. Perhaps also throwing a fit and seeing how well the joysticks flies at a wall. I'm not certain though, there could be a fix for it. have you checked to see if there are drivers/control software available for your Joystick?

Quartersndimes

Complete Genius. . .
Actually, yes. i do have software for both my controller and my MS sidewinder forcefeedback joystik. But the sidewinder feedback doesnt work, and windows 2k wont accept the software for it.

Aprox

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
Well, Windows 2k is pretty old and was known for compatibility problems. Have you thought about upgrading to XP? I realize this is slightly out of the scope of your question, but I think it would fix this issue and most likely other problems you may be having.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel