Need help with exporting favorites.

D

destinywaste

Hi,

I recently had to format my drive and re-install xp. I saved my favorites list, but can't find a convienient way to export them back into the IE favorites menu. I would do it manually, but I've got 1000s of sites listed. Any suggestion would be appretiated.

Thank you.

What I've done in the past is copy the folder into my profile under favorites.

Go to you C drive (or whatever drive it is) Dcouments and Settings/'your profile'/favorites

HELP IS HERE!

don't worry, there is a way, follow these instructions:

go to:
C:\Documents and Settings\Your Username \Favorites
Once in there, you should see the favourites that Windows XP has.

If you backed them up onto a cd, then simply copy all your Favourites from the cd and paste them into your
C:\Documents and Settings\Your Username \Favorites
folder

BANG! Your done, to check that it worked, open up IE6 then click on Favourites, all your favourites should be there and if they were in any folders they should be there to.

HOPED THIS HELPED!

cheers,
dayne

Thanks a lot :) ! I wonder why I didn't think of that :-/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back