need help with error on startup

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
Trying to help a friend out with a problem...
He has a Windows 98 machine (yeah, I know), and he is getting the following error on startup:
--------------------------------------------
While initializing device IOS:
Error: An I/O subsystem driver failed to load
Either a file in the .\iosubsys directory is corrupt,
or the system is low on memory.
--------------------------------------------
The computer will only startup in safe mode now. He says that he hooked up a portable mp3 player, and after he restarted this problem began. The mp3 player is no longer plugged in and it does not show up in the device manager while in safe mode. He also does not have his 98 disk or a startup disk. If a startup disk will take care of the problem, then can someone tell me how to create one from a non-98 machine? Any other help would be appreciated!

Try Bootdisk.com for your Win 98 Boot disc copy.

Thanks. I actually found a fix earlier, and for anyone who cares, this is it:

DOS Prompt:
cd\windows\options\cabs <Enter>
setup <Enter>

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back