Need help with domain cpanel!

S

sacred2nite

Need help with cpanel!

Hi

I own the web site www.alanhilton.co.uk and I (did) have another domain parked on top of that (www.heritagedevelopmentmk.co.uk). Now when I click the later domain I see a cpanel screen and it says "There is no website configured at this address. ".

I don't understand what's going on here because if I type www.heritagedevelopmentmk.co.uk/cpanel it works fine!

I have spoken to my web host about this but to be frank - they are cr@p and are no help at all.

When I "parked" this domain on my site I just used cpanel and changed the DNS values myself (I have an account on UKReg.com). It worked ok for months but it has not worked ever since my web host changed to new severs.

Anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks

is the folder for the parked domain still there??
have you tried removing it and making it again?

[edit]also cPanel is the devil, just thought I should say that as well[/edit]

nslookup heritagedevelopmentmk.co.uk
Server: msdfs1.msd.local
Address: 10.14.15.9

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: heritagedevelopmentmk.co.uk
Address: 207.44.231.67

nslookup www.heritagedevelopmentmk.co.uk
Server: msdfs1.msd.local
Address: 10.14.15.9

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: www.heritagedevelopmentmk.co.uk
Address: 207.44.230.95

Tell your webhost provider to make up their mind and point www to the right IP. The right IP would have to be up to them, but i would think it would be 207.44.231.67.

Thanks for your help guys. I passed on your info to my web host but he told me to back up my account as he is going to delete it and start me a new one. :confused:

Hrm, your webhost is not a very good one if he told you to do that.

Hi guys me again!!

My web host reset my account. I told him to use www.heritagedevelopmentmk.co.uk and discard www.alanhilton.co.uk . He has done that, and I have a flashy new cpanel but I still have the same problem!!!!! :mad:

www.heritagedevelopmentmk.co.uk still takes me to that funny cpanel page but www.heritagedevelopmentmk.co.uk/cpanel still works fine!!

I tried to use file manager in cpanel to see if I could remove the page that appears at www.heritagedevelopmentmk.co.uk but it isn’t there! All that is there is my web site! It is as if www.heritagedevelopmentmk.co.uk is totally different to www.heritagedevelopmentmk.co.uk/cpanel!!

NEWS FLASH!!!

I have just noticed that http://heritagedevelopmentmk.co.uk works but www.heritagedevelopmentmk.co.uk still does not!!

Is there any way that I can fix this? What is causing this problem?

Thanks again

Does anyone know any good, cheap web hosts as I am getting a little annoyed with this one?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back